• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have the conservatives already lost the next election?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    And if you are correct, we will see mass immigration, money printing, big bank bailouts and bonuses, special consideration for the hyper rich, more EU meddling, mass unemployment and a ballooning deficit.

Or to put it another way, same as we have now.

New Tory == New Labour
    No, I think the trouble is a coalition that just doesn't seem to be Tory enough; given a Tory majority I think things could be different.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think not much will change, Labour lead is only 5 points, both parties polling in the 30s.

Will be another coalition, probably with the Lib Dems in the driving seat again.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

A stamp duty holiday or raise the 3% threshold.

I think it's scandalous that one has to fork out £7500 in duty when buying a house worth £250000.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I certainly won't be voting for them.
          Good idea. Let's have Labour back.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Tonnes of public sector IT work.

Fill yer boots!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              I'd rather have a civil war than let Labour back
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I really am worried that Labour will get back in.

The sad reality of this country, is people can't get their head around the fact that good intentions != good results.

Essentially, the Tories make the country competitive again after a Labour spending spree, and everyone hates them for it. Then Labour get back in and buy votes on debt and everyone loves them.

Morons never seem to make the connection that it's Labour causing poverty and tulip wages by virtue of the fact that they constantly bankrupt the nation.

Comment

The first pictures in the press of Romanians and Bulgarians on their way here in 2014 and Cameron is finished.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    The first pictures in the press of Romanians and Bulgarians on their way here in 2014 and Cameron is finished.
                    Maybe, but in 2014 they'll be allowed to work in Germany, NL, Belgium, Austria, and a few other places too, so why whould they go to Britain if they can earn more somewhere else?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                      I really am worried that Labour will get back in.
                      Yup, me too. Unfortunately though, people now realise that they can vote themselves more money. Voting Tory isn't going to improve their situation tomorrow although it will do in the future; voting Labour means more money tomorrow regardless of the consequences.

Comment

Working...
                      X