• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have the conservatives already lost the next election?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As long as I am King then its fine.
    This must be some new definition of the word 'fine' with which I am unfamiliar.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Whoever you vote for the Government always get in

Comment

Maybe it's better to vote in a contrarian fashion. Following the logic that politicians are lying shysters who say one thing then do the opposite, perhaps we should all vote for communist candidates.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Tories will go.

I'm hoping LibDems get in this time, because of this I read a while back:

Lib Dems want IR35 to go, not stay :: Contractor UK

I wonder if they will give IR35 the boot? They look trustworthy, they are politicians after all
          Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
            Tories will go.

I wonder if they will give IR35 the boot? They look trustworthy, they are politicians after all
            I believe the PCG will work closely with the new coalition government to repeal IR35.

Oh, hang on.......
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
              Tories will go.

That's what their European 'sister party' the VVD said before the Dutch elections; no more 'VAR' nonsense for the self employed and no more silly backdated judgments on self-employment status. They got into power along with Labour and supplied the Finance Secretary (who is the boss of the civil servants), who promptly made the whole bloody thing stricter and more complicated and now lots of contractors are either giving up and going permie or tulipting themselves about backdated tax bills. Lying scum.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                I believe the PCG will work closely with the new coalition government to repeal IR35.

Oh, hang on.......
                Yeah if only the Tories got in there would be no IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                  I really am worried that Labour will get back in.

The sad reality of this country, is people can't get their head around the fact that good intentions != good results.

Essentially, the Tories make the country competitive again after a Labour spending spree, and everyone hates them for it. Then Labour get back in and buy votes on debt and everyone loves them.

Morons never seem to make the connection that it's Labour causing poverty and tulip wages by virtue of the fact that they constantly bankrupt the nation.
                  Robinho

I am not stalking you but this is the second sensible post I have seen of yours today!

We can only hope that people do not fall for the Labour lies and avoidance of answering questions.

Labour have been successful at putting across the proposition that the financial mess can be solved by squeezing the rich, if only it were as simple.

Quite depressing.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

A small typo!

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    A vote for him;

WILL put him in power

with these two pulling the strings behind him;

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X