• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
    I see someone has beaten me to this, but in case you missed their post I'll repeat: just about every Audi model has a four-wheel drive version.
    And Bentley too.

Comment

I see someone has beaten me to this, but in case you missed their post I'll repeat: just about every Audi model has a four-wheel drive version.
      Fire up the Quattro!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Fire up the Quattro!
        Wouldn't it be cheaper to get winter tyres?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Re: Which Car

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          that's what I did

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            Yep.

Set of cheap alloys from a breakers/eBay/alloy wheel shop with winter tyres fitted and balanced.

Put them on when daytime temperatures are below 10 deg C (i.e. November through to March). They work in all weather conditions better than summer tyres as long as it's cold.

Your car will brake better than a 4x4 with summer tyres on.

But then if you fancy a different car get the 4x4 and a set of winter tyres as above.

Comment

So too do BMW's in Europe but for some very odd reason, they wouldnt sell them in the UK and are only just starting to make them available.

Point to bear in mind with any 4 x 4 driven car is, you need to replace all 4 tyres at the same time and not just one or two on the same axle. This is because the different circumference between old \ worn tyres on one axle compared to the new ones on the other axle can serious damage the drive system as it tries to compensate for one set of wheels always turning faster or slower than the other.

And on something like a Q5, you could be looking at the thick end of 1600 quid. Happy motoring
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Oh, and you may want to reconsider that audi engine if this report is correct.

1 in 27 audi engines fail
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  So too do BMW's in Europe but for some very odd reason, they wouldnt sell them in the UK and are only just starting to make them available.
                  I saw the xDrive system but its not available in the UK on the 5 Series (I assume like MB with the 4MATIC system its dificult converting it to a RHD), and the 3 Series is too small even the Touring for three kids, which basically leaves the A6 Allroad or Volvo XC70 unless I go for the fugly cross overs like the Q5
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    After my car failed miserably in the snow today I want to think about a new car, ideally 4x4 but I also don't want a SUV type vehicle, which basically leaves me the A6 Allroad or the fugly cross over types like the Volvo XC range, are there any other alternatives?
                    What car failed?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      What car failed?
                      Toyota Avensis
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X