• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS could save billions replacing paper with really expensive machines....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Why is it so hard to have a web interface to a central database that will contain patient records?
    ...because nobody will agree what they want the interface to do and what data they want to hold. Everyone has different and conflicting requirements and since the NHS is a deluded pseudo democracy, finding leadership capable of making and implementing decisions is all but impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      Yes it is, everyone is forced to pay for the NHS.

/tinHat
      Yes, but that doesn't make it a ' monopoly' ; yes, a near monopoly but you have other choices for healthcare. And as for paying with your taxes, you'd better learn to live with tax; just like death, it won't go away.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

/tinHat
        Yes, keep your tin hat on while I listen to the first hand accounts of doctors and nurses working in a recently privatised healthcare system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Yes, but that doesn't make it a ' monopoly'
          Oh you're just being arsey about the definition.

Comment

Oh you're just being arsey about the definition.
            No, you have a choice as to where you purchase healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              No it is not. At the root of it is a set of workflows that end in a cure, containment or a death. They are many more workflows than making coffee I admit. but if you have cancer in Scotland or Surrey it should not make a difference.

Diagnose
              Discuss options
              Treat
              monitor
              discharge the patient or retreat
              Handle palliative care
              Discharge a body

Letting 50 different trusts handle that process in their own way is ludicrous. Letting them think that they and only they need a patient system and that it should be custom to their own ways of doing things is a massive mistake. I am sure that there are hundreds of admin staff that would say but my ways better than that because I designed it. but its those guys that need to be shown a door...
              sounds like a new methodology to me.

Comment

Yes, keep your tin hat on while I listen to the first hand accounts of doctors and nurses working in a recently privatised healthcare system.
                Ahh anecdotes.

Tbh i never said anything about full on privatising healthcare anyway.

You should be able to opt out of the NHS and not have to pay your share of tax that goes towards it.

Comment

What's with the 'Virgin Healthcare' thing? A lot of our local NHS community hospital services are now being provided by Virgin.

Comment

No, you have a choice as to where you purchase healthcare.
                    No you don't, you have to purchase the NHS.

You could choose another provider, but you have to purchase the former.

Comment

No you don't, you have to purchase the NHS.

You could choose another provider, but you have to purchase the former.
                      Fine, because I quite like the idea that someone who can't afford the huge premiums I pay for health insurance gets treated nonetheless because I consider his life to be just as valuable as my own.

Comment

Working...
                      X