• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flat-rate State Pension - Opinions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formant View Post
    Way to take something out of context and paraphrase beyond recognition.
    Defensive much?

That's what you said i thought.

That's why my immigration auction was flawed but your right wing views are sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      Defensive much?

That's what you said i thought.

That's why my immigration auction was flawed but your right wing views are sound?
      You really didn't get my argument in that thread you're referring to there if that's how you'd paraphrase it.

My 'right wing views' (I'm p-ssing myself laughing at that phrase) state that (if necessary) I'd prefer a transparent tax increase for everyone over penalising random isolated groups of medium earners. And that I think we shouldn't introduce something that will really only truly benefit the following two groups

-women who chose to take a lengthy career break to bring up children
      -the long-term self-employed (not profitably enough to sort-out their own future)

Both made a choice that I don't think should be subsidised in that way.

As stated before, I do not oppose assuring pensioners (or in fact anyone) a minimum livable existence. But I very much oppose the way in which that's done here.

Comment

You really didn't get my argument in that thread you're referring to there if that's how you'd paraphrase it.

My 'right wing views' (I'm p-ssing myself laughing at that phrase) state that (if necessary) I'd prefer a transparent tax increase for everyone over penalising random isolated groups of medium earners. And that I think we shouldn't introduce something that will really only truly benefit the following two groups

-women who chose to take a lengthy career break to bring up children
        -the long-term self-employed (not profitably enough to sort-out their own future)

Both made a choice that I don't think should be subsidised in that way.

As stated before, I do not oppose assuring pensioners (or in fact anyone) a minimum livable existence. But I very much oppose the way in which that's done here.
        Those are definitely right wing view, i'd be interested to see you clarify the bolded bit though.

Comment

Those are definitely right wing view, i'd be interested to see you clarify the bolded bit though.
          That thread died for a reason. I intend to let it rest in peace.

Comment

That thread died for a reason. I intend to let it rest in peace.
            It died because you lost the argument.

Like you are doing now.

Comment

It died because you lost the argument.

Like you are doing now.
              Clearly you feel the need to continue. I wonder why considering you think you "won".

Comment

Clearly you feel the need to continue. I wonder why considering you think you "won".
                Because i made a strong point, and you failed to defend it.

Comment

Because i made a strong point, and you failed to defend it.
                  You just keep thinking that...

Comment

You just keep thinking that...

You are pathetic.

Comment

You are pathetic.
                      Yes, cause - like - there couldn't possibly be any other reason why someone wouldn't want to waste their time on your ....

You know what, I'll leave you to throw around the blatant insults. It's doing such a great job underlining (or should I say undermining?) your point.

Comment

Working...
                      X