• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're all in it together

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I fail to see how paying the current MP an extra £35k a year will suddenly mean they do a good job...
    In that case why do the private sector pay the top bods so much... it surely isn't out of kindness.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      In that case why do the private sector pay the top bods so much... it surely isn't out of kindness.
      Because by and large they sit around in the boardroom deciding what they are paid.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Because by and large they sit around in the boardroom deciding what they are paid.
        Rubbish! They don't decide their own pay! They decide the pay of other directors(who decide their own pay) so it must be fair.

Comment

Doesn't matter how good MPs are... the orders get carried out by the total gits at the top of the civil service. They are the ones that twist the policies and game the system. The top jobs should be three year contracts picked like jury service from a more limited pool. Civil service pensions should also be banned completely.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Doesn't matter how good MPs are... the orders get carried out by the total gits at the top of the civil service. They are the ones that twist the policies and game the system. The top jobs should be three year contracts picked like jury service from a more limited pool. Civil service pensions should also be banned completely.
            +1000

Exactly how section 58 got carried through.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I mean the CEO not the directors.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                +1000

Exactly how section 58 got carried through.
                Was that the one about not promoting homosexuality in schools?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  Was that the one about not promoting homosexuality in schools?
                  No it was the one where HMRC went to court to clarify a technicality then said Woops well we never meant it to meant this so the ruling must count retrospectively cough up all of you that did what we said not what we meant...

Personally I am not involved but I think it was such a dangerous president to set, it is almost worth a civil war...

Comment

No it was the one where HMRC went to court to clarify a technicality then said Woops well we never meant it to meant this so the ruling must count retrospectively cough up all of you that did what we said not what we meant...

Personally I am not involved but I think it was such a dangerous president to set, it is almost worth a civil war...
                    I can think of more important things to trigger a civil war. Interestingly if you put Section 58 into google most of the hits are to do with digging the road up. Until the 8th result which is here.

Comment

Indeed. The Prime Minister must have been fuming.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X