• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well said Frank Field

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

twice
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 June 2006, 22:21.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The 'benefits' of immigration.

a) The immigrant population of Britain contributes more in tax (£31.2 billion) than it receives in benefits (£28.8 billion). (treasury figures)

b) There were 4,301,280 immigrants in the UK (2001 UK census)

Work it out for yourself. That won't come even close to paying for a migrant's own pension let alone anyone else's. And the figure includes the successful sorts who do pay lots of tax that a decent immigration policy probably should let in.

These useless migrants mostly turn into useless minorities. Check the unemployment/benefits figures for those on the net. The plain truth is that we are supplying a benefit system to the third world and wrecking our quality of life in the process.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

axe murderer has the biggest share

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        Yeah we're both satisfied with the company. Limited company. The axe murderer has the biggest share unfortunately.
        Yes I bet he does.
        It's like 'where does your pet tiger sleep? Wherever the fsck he wants to!!!!''
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
          a) The immigrant population of Britain contributes more in tax (£31.2 billion) than it receives in benefits (£28.8 billion). (treasury figures)

b) There were 4,301,280 immigrants in the UK (2001 UK census)
          I wonder if anyone has ever worked out what the relative figure (tax paid vs benefits received) is for the indigenous population... ??? If it was even close to that sort of ratio we would be bankrupt (oops, we are )

The debit side of the immigrant equation of course never accounts for increased house prices, pressure on infrastructure, schooling, health care.... when you take those into account (which for over 4 million people at a very low figure is bound to be more than several billion), they are draining the country dry like a consultancy on a health service project.

And don't forget to count in the millions sent back home each year - the Indians estimate the figures in terms of billions globally.
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I am still trying to find the figures to work that out McQ. What found so far suggests it's about 150k over a lifetime, ie 3k+ pa Damn site more than immigrant average of £560 anyway.
            bloggoth

Comment

Working...
            X