• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Putting kids through private school, or moving house to get to a better school

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Unless you're equating low intelligence with being a trouble maker, there's no reason a teacher can't differentiate across a class of mixed abilities. In fact they have to anyway because even when classes are set by ability, the difference between the best and worse in the top (and bottom) can still be huge.

Possibly teacher:student ratio is more important so that regardless of ability, each student can get a decent slice of teacher's attention.
    Huge?

Some children in Class can't speak English or have no interest in education whilst the top of the class have a real chance of achieving is slightly different to the bottom of the class have some difficulty understanding quadratic equations. The former is unacceptable.

I'm not suggesting streaming a class of 4 that are Oxbridge candidates I'm suggesting splitting the year into classes of <30 based on ability and aptitude.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes huge. The top of your bottom set might be slow but capable while the worst cannot read, write or maybe even talk... especially in the lower years where things change so fast. Similarly in the top set, the lowest ability may have to work hard to get an A while the top can breeze through, and need special attention lest they get bored.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X