• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just discovered our local co-op now has an Amazon Locker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you have anything like this in the UK. 24 hours, works with a TAN, can track your parcels, used for pickups and deliveries...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Don't you have anything like this in the UK. 24 hours, works with a TAN, can track your parcels, used for pickups and deliveries...
      Yes Amazon seem to be buying them and using them.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Apparently Amazon in the US have been buying up more mega warehouses as part of their plan to offer same-day delivery as standard, at least in major urban areas.

Comment

Why is there no Amazon.com.au? Seems like a trick they're missing. Friggin' nightmare trying to get pressies delivered for Oz branch of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Yes Amazon seem to be buying them and using them.
            I don't think they'll be buying these though seeing as they belong to one of the worlds largest mail and logistics companies. Maybe the Post Office could try something like that out
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I don't need anything in that much of a hurry. I can wait 4 days for most things to arrive.

It's a con to pay for delivery as most of the items I order arrive 1-2 days with free supersaver delivery.

In fact when I've paid for next day delivery I often have to ask for a refund as the items arrive 2 or 3 days later.

Oh and I rely on my neighbours to sign for my deliveries but it works both ways.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't need anything in that much of a hurry. I can wait 4 days for most things to arrive.
                WHS. I think I can hold out that extra day or two for my copy of Javascript: The Definitive Guide (or similar)
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

The "Waiting in for a ******* Parcel" Game: http://i.imgur.com/xAvbk.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If his situation is anything like mine, then delivery to the home address results in one of the following scenarios:
                    • Ask Amazon for a redelivery or refund because the useless ***** of Home Delivery Network (aka Yodel) have stolen it/thrown it under a bus/sold it for drugs.
                    ... or sent it back marked "Address does not exist".
                    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

I have one waiting for me at the sorting office. I walked up yesterday afternoon, but there were 8 people queuing and I decided I couldn't be arsed.

Everything else I buy from Amazon just comes through the letter box. Don't understand why this one (a DVD) needs to be signed for.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X