• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Caught an intruder in my house at 5am this morning.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Big mistake.

I was advised by a copper to at least pull some undies on and most importantly put some shoes on before venturing out of your bedroom in pursuit of an intruder.

Apparently when confronted with bare feet, some intruders will stamp on them to disable you.

And of course having footwear on means you can chase the buggers down the street if necessary.
    What sort of sick bastard keeps shoes in the bedroom?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Big mistake.

I was advised by a copper to at least pull some undies on and most importantly put some shoes on before venturing out of your bedroom in pursuit of an intruder.

Apparently when confronted with bare feet, some intruders will stamp on them to disable you.

And of course having footwear on means you can chase the buggers down the street if necessary.
      In the event of a breakin.. never put clothes on.. who wants to fight a naked man.. except MF of course.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        What sort of sick bastard keeps shoes in the bedroom?
        one fed up with the wife littering hers by the front door despite building a shoe storage solution in the porch which she & kids filled up so you keep your spare dress shoes in the bedroom?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          one fed up with the wife littering hers by the front door despite building a shoe storage solution in the porch which she & kids filled up so you keep your spare dress shoes in the bedroom?

Obviously not the right solution then.

Comment

Do women ever have enough storage space for their shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
              In the event of a breakin.. never put clothes on.. who wants to fight a naked man.. except MF of course.
              That's what I was thinking - shock value at the sight of a stark naked man is valuable, if you aren't yourself embarrassed.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Obviously not the right solution then.
                yes but if I beat her until she does what she is told, I go to prison.

So a huge shoe rack is the best I could do.

Just wish she would flaming use it, I keep tripping over her shoes normally with overflowing bin bags.

My best hope is the cat now uses her shoes to store his mice in, normally still alive, I'm pinning my hopes on that encouraging her to put them away.

But even if it doesn't I'm still a happy man!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  That's what I was thinking - shock value at the sight of a stark naked man is valuable, if you aren't yourself embarrassed.
                  and don't mind losing your knackers when they grab them.

Comment

A pair of pants doesn't offer protection if someone's eager to grab your meat.

Go one better and tulip on your hands before tangling with them and they won't want to hang about
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      A pair of pants doesn't offer protection if someone's eager to grab your meat.

Go one better and tulip on your hands before tangling with them and they won't want to hang about
                      will prevent the fingernails and provide more resistance than just skin.

Comment

Working...
                      X