• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The End of Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    WHS. That "article" is a prime example of the misuse of graphs to con the gullible and under-edjumacated.
    As an example, they've used a non-contextual graph of Britain's debt - if you use the equivalent debt/GDP ratio graph which is more relevant, you'll see that the UKs debt has been much more proportionately in the past, most recently just after the 2nd World War.

On the other hand, they've also left out public sector pension liabilities*, which could be included for a more realistic illustration.

*Unless there's another graph in there I missed.
    You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Osborne’s vision of grim stagnation sets scene for QE III - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        What goes around comes around.

We priced ourselves out of the global market so lost our industrial base.

Once China does the same, maybe India and Africa next and then it will be our turn again?

I've often thought we could prosper as an off shore manufacturing base selling to the bureaucracy bound Europeans.

Mind you, we'd have to have to get the inevitable revolution out of the way first to get rid of the tw*ts that are screwing the country up.
        China, India and Asia are not as stupid as us. In 1975 we voted for a common market. Instead the politicians turned it into wrecking what this country ever stood for. The FRench and Germans don't like us. Why play into their hands?

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        And all the useless unemployable breeders. So, death camps it is then.
        Until their is another war (which is how crises tend to end) when they become heroes. If we had an industrial base most oif them would be working. Can we not find a way forward for those who want to contribute?

And most of us here are doing quite well - but like manufacturing we are going to be offshored. Hopefully if we stand up for their rights they will stand up for ours one day.

Comment

wealth preservation report.pdf

Comment

Another nail....

Britain poised to sign costly climate deal that could tie us into stringent new emissions targets | Mail Online

Comment

Simply looking at the zombies in the pictures prompts me to making plans to get a Kipor Silent Diesel Generator with Automatic Transfer Switch 5KVA.

Farktards...
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Thank you kind sir.

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Simply looking at the zombies in the pictures prompts me to making plans to get a Kipor Silent Diesel Generator with Automatic Transfer Switch 5KVA.

Farktards...
                They amuse me, when will they realise that the ultimate end game for this philosophy is a serious reduction in population. Something which I am wholeheartedly in favour of.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                If we had an industrial base most oif them would be working. Can we not find a way forward for those who want to contribute?
                Not really, no. Everything has become automated, so we need less people, but instead of allowing the population to shrink we have purposefully increased it. Sadly it is though whose who are less intelligent who have the most children, and therefore multi generational benefit families have been created.
                Last edited by escapeUK; 8 December 2012, 20:33.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 17:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
                    As some esteemed fellow CUKer on here said a few days back, we need to introduce more Darwinian natural selection back into our society, or else our nation is likely to slide back into the primordial soup. I take no credit for that brilliant comment. Wish I could remember who said it. Well done that man (or woman).

Jeff.
                    <cough>

http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...ml#post1654368

Comment

Reading that Moneyweek article, it's no wonder HMRC are trying to screw everyone for more tax and push their moral arguments in just about every newspaper.

But in reality, they are just re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X