• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child benefit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    Millions of spongers are having kids just to claim benefits so i think anyone who has children in a decent family deserves to be rewarded.
    You really need to read the Daily Wail less.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
      You really need to read the Daily Wail less.
      I don't read the daily-fail.

Comment

...If i could find a woman stupid enough to have my devil-spawn...
        Your intellectual superior, you mean?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Oops
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The woman or the devil-spawn?

Comment

The woman or the devil-spawn?
              Possibly both. The only way is up.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Possibly both. The only way is up.
                Fair-point

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  For the last couple of years I have only taken out money from myCo up to the higher tax limit.

So presumably will still get child benefit when the new rules come into play.

Which seems wrong - I'm quite happy to accept that I don't need it.

What to do....
                  Aslong as you do not opt out then you will receive the child benefit payments. But if you earn more than 50K when you fill your tax return in, then those payments will be start to be clawed back via the return. Over 60K and you'll lose the lot. So it doesn't really matter how much you earned the last couple of years. The first tax return it'll effect is 2012-2013, why they didn't wait until April 2013 to start the changes !?

Comment

Bit surprised that someone wouldn't want to be paid child benefit.

Of course in our line of work we don't 'need' it. But somehow we're all super concerned with paying as little tax as possible and keeping in control of as much of our earnings as we can. (Why else would you only pay yourself up to the higher tax limit?).

What then should feel wrong about claiming (tax funded) child benefit? You paid for it - it's yours.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                      Bit surprised that someone wouldn't want to be paid child benefit.

Of course in our line of work we don't 'need' it. But somehow we're all super concerned with paying as little tax as possible and keeping in control of as much of our earnings as we can. (Why else would you only pay yourself up to the higher tax limit?).

What then should feel wrong about claiming (tax funded) child benefit? You paid for it - it's yours.
                      WHS

This whole change in the last 12 months or so that 'We're all in it together' and that companies paying taxes that you can technically find ways to reduce (ie. Starbucks/contractors) are in some way screwing everyone over, coupled with the final straw that the self-employed/cash culture/contractors/comedians are in some way comparable to child molesters/the scum of the earth is fooking joke. I'm surprised we haven't seen a Newsnight/Panorama expose of how Del Boy destroyed the economy!!!

Frankly I'm in it for myself & fook everyone else. Give me my child benefit back!
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X