• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh well, £53.75 up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up the Finns

Just got back from Helsinki, food superb, women beautiful and hospitality great!

Imagine I learned to throw a double bladed Axe on corporate outing, just image the HSE boys in the UK hearing that!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
      Well, would you like to be shown up as a cynical cheat, in front of millions of people...? Empty victory. Sure, they live a little bit longer in the game, but there's more to life than that.

I must admit I've been pleased to see the crowd reactions to the sides that have cheated... Holland were booed every time one of them so much as touched the ball...
      Cynical cheating is part of every top-level football match.

There are always at least fifty examples per game of it - diving, holding, shirt-pulling, illegal time-wasting, feigning injury and, if we are lucky, violent conduct.

That's not to say that I agree with it - video replays are the only way to curtail it - but while it goes on I'd be a mug not to as well. I know that the other fellow is trying to do the same thing, so I wouldn't think it an empty victory.

Comment

Working...
      X