• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antisocial b'stds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An email came round at ClientCo today announcing a Christmas buffet lunch in the office next Monday.

A few minutes later came a Reply All: "Will the food be Halal?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      An email came round at ClientCo today announcing a Christmas buffet lunch in the office next Monday.

Actually, I wonder if it's possible everyone assumes I get all the emails organising social functions, and think I'm the anti-social b'std for not responding.

Comment

I tried to take my bosses wife up the Oxo tower.

Neither were too pleased.

I find parties tedious at the best of times. Making me go to one with people whom I work with is a different kind of horror.

IR35 friendly too, which we love.

Comment

been here 10 years as a permie, still don't get invited to departmental lunches - hurrah!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Maybe my agent will part with 0.1% of the commission he's made from me and buy me lunch.
            Just noticed in clientCo manager's calendar that he's going to lunch with the agent next week. Not that I want to have lunch with the pair of them, but would have been nice to have been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Just noticed in clientCo manager's calendar that he's going to lunch with the agent next week. Not that I want to have lunch with the pair of them, but would have been nice to have been asked.
              How would they be able to talk about you if you're there?

Don't be silly!

Comment

I don't think in all my years of contracting I have ever been invited to a works Christmas do although I have been invited to the teams 'yearly thank you for doing a great job' breakfast next week...There will be coffee, halve hahn (although a hahn is a chicken this is actually half a roll with cheese on it, a Cologne thing), mett brotchen (raw mince meat (tartar possibly) and onions and gherkins) and some other stuff
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  coffee, halve hahn (although a hahn is a chicken this is actually half a roll with cheese on it, a Cologne thing), mett brotchen (raw mince meat (tartar possibly) and onions and gherkins) and some other stuff
                  Sounds.... erm, delicious. You won't want to miss that eh? And for breakfast too
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I don't think in all my years of contracting I have ever been invited to a works Christmas do although I have been invited to the teams 'yearly thank you for doing a great job' breakfast next week...There will be coffee, halve hahn (although a hahn is a chicken this is actually half a roll with cheese on it, a Cologne thing), mett brotchen (raw mince meat (tartar possibly) and onions and gherkins) and some other stuff
                    Will the food be Halal ?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Hardly surprising considering where you are based.

Comment

Working...
                      X