• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One bedroom flat in London, Nice Area

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really depends on what you're after. I'm an old codger these days and want a quieter life, but a few years back I'd have loved to live somewhere like this: Three bedroom flat for sale in Gloucester Place, Marylebone, London NW1

You can walk to the West End and to Lords/Regents Park.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

We're always discussing this. Among other questions to ask are:

- Do you want/need handy street parking

(Private garage parking will cost a couple of hundred grand extra in central areas, and for a lot of properties on main roads or central areas even nearby resident's parking is not available.)

- What directions will you mainly want to enter and leave London, e.g. to commute or visit friends or family at weekends? That has a bearing on the hassle factor of travel. For example, you don't want a flat in Ealing if you'll be travelling to Kent each weekend.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Im curious, what rate would justify living in a one bed room anything that costs half a million?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          Im curious, what rate would justify living in a one bed room anything that costs half a million?
          It isn't about rate, its about living close to the buzz, to what's happening, it's the centre of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            We're always discussing this. Among other questions to ask are:

- Do you want/need handy street parking

(Private garage parking will cost a couple of hundred grand extra in central areas, and for a lot of properties on main roads or central areas even nearby resident's parking is not available.)

- What directions will you mainly want to enter and leave London, e.g. to commute or visit friends or family at weekends? That has a bearing on the hassle factor of travel. For example, you don't want a flat in Ealing if you'll be travelling to Kent each weekend.
            Parking is not needed, I wouldn't have a car. I would like to be able to get to an airport within 30-40 mins though. However I would prefer as central as possible, but not in a tuliphole.

Comment

Angel really sounds like the best choice. There's a ton of decent pubs and restaurants and, plenty going on and it's pretty central so you can get elsewhere pretty quickly.

V.nice area too.

Comment

Marylebone is nice. You might get a place there for that, I don't know tbh.

Why not rent for a bit until you find an area you like?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
                  It isn't about rate, its about living close to the buzz, to what's happening, it's the centre of the world.
                  More like centre of the third world.

It might be nice to try for a year though. But for £1000 a day.

Comment

Parking is not needed, I wouldn't have a car. I would like to be able to get to an airport within 30-40 mins though. However I would prefer as central as possible, but not in a tuliphole.
                    You need to make sure you live near London City Airport then particularly if you don't have a car.

So I think you want to live in East London i.e. Greenwich.

The places were you can get to Gatwick, Heathrow, Stansted and Luton in that time are further out of London. Also due to the transport and traffic in London they take a lot longer than 40 minutes on a bad transport day to get to, which is every other day.

If you live in Hounslow to be near Heathrow you have to put up with the planes taking off and landing over your building.

If you live in Greenwich you will be near the river and the O2 arena plus a lovely Royal Park and have the advantage of living in a Royal Borough rather than a London Borough.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Buy hoping to spend no more than 0.5 million pounds. Wait are you tricking me? I move there then get gang raped every night by some yobs?

Hmm. 0.5 million pounds wont buy you anything in London, maybe a garage at best.

On hindsight. 35.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X