• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The English Lions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Talking to your girlfriend again? Take her to the edge of a cliff so she will push back on you.

HTH BIDI.
    Careful I;m getting a semi here!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
      I'd rather be watching rugby than bloody poofball....

Wales have a long way to go to get back to the 6 Nation/World cup quality level.

GE
      FTFY
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Not like the English to be smug about and go overboard is it?

I think we could have predicted that England would now think, after one game, that they've got the best team known to man. No surprise there.

Of course, if Wales/Scotland/Ireland had beaten NZ then we'd have had the exact same media coverage afterwards wouldn't we? Yeah right. I still remember the day of the World Cup semi-final (Wales were in it, England were already out). Two pages of England's rugby problems and one column for Wales' upcoming match.

And of course, I expect we'll still be hearing about this one for years to come. Like the 1966 world cup.
        England have beaten the All blacks more times than the rest of the home nations put together, so why would anyone want to show any interest in welsh rugby If England dont win the world cup the rest of the home unions may as well go home
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          England have beaten the All blacks more times than the rest of the home nations put together, so why would anyone want to show any interest in welsh rugby If England dont win the world cup the rest of the home unions may as well go home
          How many times have Eng beaten a Southern Hemisphere side IN a world cup though?

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
            How many times have Eng beaten a Southern Hemisphere side IN a world cup though?
            Enough to win one
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Enough to win one
              One team, once , under an inspired manager with huge resources and it still took one kick in the dying minutes that they spent five minutes manoevering to get in a position to do.

Last time around, remind me who got further through the competition...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                One team, once , under an inspired manager with huge resources and it still took one kick in the dying minutes that they spent five minutes manoevering to get in a position to do.

Wales were better losers than England on that occasion

Comment

I don't see this as a negative to be frank; yes, we spent a while keeping possession, knowing if we put him in the right spot, he would deliver, which he did. We won, on the park, by playing to our strengths.

So, which trophy did you win last time around? I can't recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    I don't see this as a negative to be frank; yes, we spent a while keeping possession, knowing if we put him in the right spot, he would deliver, which he did. We won, on the park, by playing to our strengths.

So, which trophy did you win last time around? I can't recall.
                    No trophy, but we did beat you on respect earned by some considerable margin.

More to the point, that Wales team is still together bar Shane Williams - or will be when they finish gluing them back together again.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

No trophy, but we did beat you on respect earned by some considerable margin.

More to the point, that Wales team is still together bar Shane Williams - or will be when they finish gluing them back together again.
                      How was this 'more respect earned' measured, and by whom?

Comment

Working...
                      X