• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The English Lions

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The English Lions"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well done Dodgy; bait, hook, line and sinker swallowed in one go.
    At this rate I think I may be getting a lifetime membership to Angling Times thrown in

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Not when that included wins against Fiji and Italy. Set your sights a bit higher ffs.
    We could have racked up some more easy wins if only the fixture secretary had booked Samoa

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Must admit - on current form, didnt want to draw England.

Would rather have had Samoa or Argentina who, if we get our act together, we SHOULD beat.

As for Australia, better than facing NZ or SA because, again, on current form, they're beatable.

Worryingly the one of the other teams could be Fiji who, although crap at the moment, beat wales in one world cup :-(

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Enough to gloat on here about
    Not when that included wins against Fiji and Italy. Set your sights a bit higher ffs.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Well, in 2015 you'll have a chance at making us look bad again

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Eng in 2012 - played 12, won 6. Not much to write home about
    Enough to gloat on here about

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Eng in 2012 - played 12, won 6. Not much to write home about

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    No trophy, but we did beat you on respect earned by some considerable margin.

More to the point, that Wales team is now back in its comfort zone of losing on a regular basis .

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied

More to the point, that Wales team is still together bar Shane Williams - or will be when they finish gluing them back together again.
    How was this 'more respect earned' measured, and by whom?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I don't see this as a negative to be frank; yes, we spent a while keeping possession, knowing if we put him in the right spot, he would deliver, which he did. We won, on the park, by playing to our strengths.

So, which trophy did you win last time around? I can't recall.

More to the point, that Wales team is still together bar Shane Williams - or will be when they finish gluing them back together again.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    One team, once , under an inspired manager with huge resources and it still took one kick in the dying minutes that they spent five minutes manoevering to get in a position to do.

Last time around, remind me who got further through the competition...
    I don't see this as a negative to be frank; yes, we spent a while keeping possession, knowing if we put him in the right spot, he would deliver, which he did. We won, on the park, by playing to our strengths.

So, which trophy did you win last time around? I can't recall.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    One team, once , under an inspired manager with huge resources and it still took one kick in the dying minutes that they spent five minutes manoevering to get in a position to do.

Wales were better losers than England on that occasion

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Enough to win one

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    How many times have Eng beaten a Southern Hemisphere side IN a world cup though?
    Enough to win one

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    England have beaten the All blacks more times than the rest of the home nations put together, so why would anyone want to show any interest in welsh rugby If England dont win the world cup the rest of the home unions may as well go home
    How many times have Eng beaten a Southern Hemisphere side IN a world cup though?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X