• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easier to get a new, better paying role when in a contract or after current one ends?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Awww you lost the argument and now you're insulting me.

Bless, very common round these parts. Methinks there are a lot of precious egos to be protected.
    I wasn't insulting you, just describing you correctly.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Me : When are you looking for someone to start?
      Client : ASAP
      Me: I can't start for 3 weeks, is that ok?
      Client : Well if that's ASAP then we'll have to go with that.

So cretin, which part don't you understand?
      I know you think you've been very very clever here. But the fundamental flaw with your argument and thus the fundamental flaw with you calling me a cretin and therefor the reason that you yourself are a cretin, is that you have assumed that you ("me" in this transcript) are the only contractor in the entire world.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        I wasn't insulting you, just describing you correctly.
        Sorry but it's still screaming of you not being able to argue your point and thus resorting to insults.

Comment

I know you think you've been very very clever here. But the fundamental flaw with your argument and thus the fundamental flaw with you calling me a cretin and therefor the reason that you yourself are a cretin, is that you have assumed that you ("me" in this transcript) are the only contractor in the entire world.
          Don't you walk into an interview thinking that you're the best person for the contract? I know I do.

Ipso facto, I'm far cleverer than you.

Comment

As is often the case, agents get a lot of people applying for roles.

Availability is one of the many things that can knock you down the pecking order of getting your CV submitted.

You might be the best candidate by miles, but that is not as important to the agent. Filling the position as soon as possible is. They may be worried the clientco pulls the role or another agent on the PSL fills the role, or a number of other things.

Getting their man on site is THE most important thing, for them, followed by fleecing you (and the client) on rate.
            Last edited by jmo21; 28 November 2012, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              As is often the case, agents get a lot of people applying for roles.

Availability is one of the many things that can knock you down the pecking order of getting your CV submitted.

You might be the best candidate by miles, but that is not as important to the agent. Filling the position as soon as possible is. They may be worried the clientco pulls the role or another agent on the PSL fills the role, or a number of other things.

Getting their man on site is THE most important thing, for them, followed by fleecing you (and the client) on rate.
              +1
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Sorry but it's still screaming of you not being able to argue your point and thus resorting to insults.
                Look, if you're not good enough that clients won't wait for you that is not my problem.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  Look, if you're not good enough that clients won't wait for you that is not my problem.
                  I never look for contracts whilst i'm in them. I like my time off.

Again that's irrelevant though. You are simply denying that some contracts require bums on seats quickly.

Comment

I never look for contracts whilst i'm in them. I like my time off.

Again that's irrelevant though. You are simply denying that some contracts require bums on seats quickly.
                    Ok, you win, I forgot that some lower end contracts only need bums like you and not experienced engineers who know what they're doing. Thanks for clarifying my oversight.

Comment

Nothing to do with lower end or higher end. Simply timing.

Comment

Working...
                      X