• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easier to get a new, better paying role when in a contract or after current one ends?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You couldn't make this up.

In the immortal words of Sasguru, you're a cretin. Hth bidi
    Err, why? how?

Just saying someone's a cretin doesn't make someone a cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      3 weeks would put them off if they needed someone to start ASAP.
      Has this happened to you?
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        Has this happened to you?
        That's irrelevant. A client isn't going to choose the one they weelly weelly wanted if they need someone to start the next day.

Comment

That's irrelevant. A client isn't going to choose the one they weelly weelly wanted if they need someone to start the next day.
          Yes they are. and they do quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Yes they are. and they do quite often.
            No they are not by definition.

If they are willing to wait for 3 weeks for a role that needs to be filled the next day, they obviously didn't need to role to be filled the next day.

Comment

Answer the question please, it's quite easy.

In the last 15 years I have never ever been not taken on because I wasn't available immediately. I sit opposite a hiring manager and he will always wait for a recommended or known person against an unknown who could start straight away.

You obviously know different so please share your experience, or are you turning your opinion into fact.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Again the question is irrelevant and your experience is irrelevant.

Are you denying that there are positions where getting someone in quickly is more important than getting the absolute best of the best?

Comment

I am irrelevant and my opinion is irrelevant.
                  FTFY stultissimus.

Comment

Awww you lost the argument and now you're insulting me.

Bless, very common round these parts. Methinks there are a lot of precious egos to be protected.

Comment

Awww you lost the argument and now you're insulting me.

Bless, very common round these parts. Methinks there are a lot of precious egos to be protected.
                      Me : When are you looking for someone to start?
                      Client : ASAP
                      Me: I can't start for 3 weeks, is that ok?
                      Client : Well if that's ASAP then we'll have to go with that.

So cretin, which part don't you understand?

Comment

Working...
                      X