• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Driving instruction.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Like that maths student who got a Desmond(2-2) from Oxford in maths then ended up as a waiter in pizza hut?
    Minimal educational requirement before Pizza Hut will let you loose with one of their calculators.

Mech.Eng. for a stapler.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Mate of mine did this did 20 -60 hours a week (depends on demand and price) paid ~£200-300 /week for car & Franchise lives in council accomodation. some weeks he is doing well but the hours are unsociable and he always looks stressed after some lessons. some cash in hand but you won't get rich.

frankly you are better off being an accountant for one man bands.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Just remembered.

4 kids.

Wizard's sleeve.

depends if that is where you pop your table leg.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My brother did some training to become diplomatic security on ships around Somalia etc to protect against piracy. The money was very good and you could pick and chose which contracts you took and when.

He paid for the training, passed it (did a couple of decades in the army so it was pretty easy for him) but does not seem to have heard anything since :-(

I am hoping that this was not a scam or anything.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            My brother did some training to become diplomatic security on ships around Somalia etc to protect against piracy. The money was very good and you could pick and chose which contracts you took and when.

He paid for the training, passed it (did a couple of decades in the army so it was pretty easy for him) but does not seem to have heard anything since :-(

I am hoping that this was not a scam or anything.
            Let me guess, the training was offered by - the pirates?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Let me guess, the training was offered by - the pirates?
              LOL - better that than some cowboys.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Back onto the original subject...

I used to work for The AA Driving School. As has previously been said, the money is not great. You can probably crack 40k a year if you work 7 days a week, but its mostly unsociable hours. If you're well educated, I wouldn't recommend it - much easier ways to make a living out there.

Interesting story* - whilst I was at The AA, they had to fire an instructor after he was caught picking up a prostitute in his AA car

* mildly

Comment

Watchout for scams, word is that the main revenue comes from fresh people paying for the training and then coughing for a franchise and finding far from the expected numbers wanting to learn, people cutting each others throats with free lessons and discounts etc
                  Neighbour at old house had good rep and loads of experience but has sacked it to drive a bus, says the steady revenue lets him at least sleep...
                  No moat, no scaleability, no repeat business beyond the test.
                  For that and many reasons I am out.

Comment

Working...
                  X