• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What noise should electric cars make in the future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    More like the click and shutter sound that digital cameras make.

Nice one.

I was given a lift in a Prius the other day and I questioned the owner on this very subject. She's had a couple of close shaves herself.
    Crossover thread alert http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/84127-pubes.html
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Over here in NL, if an accident involves a car driver and a pedestrian or cyclist, then the car driver gets the legal blame by default, even if the pedestrian's wearing dark clothing and wobbling about drunk in the middle of the night, or even if the cyclist has no lights and is on the wrong side of the road. It supposedly protects 'weaker road users' against cars and trucks, but actually just encourages irresponsible behaviour.
      What terrified me in NL was the way kids on mopeds would zoom up on the inside of you, head down to decrease wind resistance, assuming that because of the priority from the right you would see them coming and give way when making a right turn yourself.

I got used to it pretty quickly, but I have often wondered how many a moped riders a year get wiped out by foreigners who aren't used to coming to a complete standstill and looking over their shoulders when doing a right turn.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Oops. Didn't spot that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to vetran again.

Comment

Ninky Nonk.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            What terrified me in NL was the way kids on mopeds would zoom up on the inside of you, head down to decrease wind resistance, assuming that because of the priority from the right you would see them coming and give way when making a right turn yourself.

I got used to it pretty quickly, but I have often wondered how many a moped riders a year get wiped out by foreigners who aren't used to coming to a complete standstill and looking over their shoulders when doing a right turn.
            Quite a few. Their mums miss them.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I hate to bring SouthPark into the debate, but clearly electric cars should make a sound similar to:-

Smuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggg.

That or they should play an endless loop of "I am a self righteous global warming believing barsteward".

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                I want a steam train for mine...
                How about an antique 20th century milk float tone - a loud whining noise with a clink of bottles?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  I want a steam train for mine...
                  Chitt-chitty-bang-bang for me please.

Comment

It should make the same noise that is made when you stick trading cards in the spokes of bicycles
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      It should make the same noise that is made when you stick trading cards in the spokes of bicycles
                      Good one!

When I was a kid folks used to drop fag packets on the street so we used those.

Comment

Working...
                      X