• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compulsary holidays at Barclays ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mos View Post
    Point taken. Terminology aside, is it customary each year for every contractor?
    No, never happened to me, yet.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Can't assume anything with some of the numpties that post on this forum. I assumed lithium had a clue how to run his companys' finances properly at first but look what happened there.....
      You mean I can't just automatically declare a dividend of everything in the company bank account whenever I run short of readies?

Why not?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm just waiting for the 'All contractors must not attend between 21st Dec and 2nd January' email.

11 days off and IR35 gold-dust.

There's no mention of leave or holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
          You knew what he meant
          NLUK is right here - the wording is very important.

If the formal notice from the pimp is worded correctly, then that e-mail can be used as a very strong case against IR35.

However, if it says "we want you to take a holiday" (or even mentions the word holiday), then that will carry considerably less weight.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You are not forced to take compulsory holidays. Permies are given that.
            Be careful... the Permie Speak Anti-Police will be on your case!
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
              NLUK is right here - the wording is very important.

If the formal notice from the pimp is worded correctly, then that e-mail can be used as a very strong case against IR35.

However, if it says "we want you to take a holiday" (or even mentions the word holiday), then that will carry considerably less weight.
              Surely if they're saying you can't work and they aren't going to pay you, the wording is not the issue - the actual working practice is.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Surely if they're saying you can't work and they aren't going to pay you, the wording is not the issue - the actual working practice is.
                Wording is always an issue - particularly as you would need to present the e-mail as evidence of why you think MOO doesn't apply. Consider two sample pimp-mails, which are at the extreme ends of the spectrum.

"ClientCo has requested that you take a 2 week holiday"

"ClientCo has stated that they will not be requesting any services from LtdCo for a period of two weeks"

Which one would you rather take into court...

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                  Certainly the case at LBG (subject to project needs etc etc) I'm delighted, time with the family.

Not the case for me. No time off and mega pissed about it.

Why do program managers think that filling little coloured lines in over xmas and new year is a way of putting a project on track It's all WFH for me right enough.

Was fair looking forward to the two weeks off.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Not the case for me. No time off and mega pissed about it.

Why do program managers think that filling little coloured lines in over xmas and new year is a way of putting a project on track It's all WFH for me right enough.

Was fair looking forward to the two weeks off.
                    Sorry to read that mate.

In Permie-land now and got 2 weeks off 24th-7th, although for personal reasons may not be coming back to the job at all.

Comment

As a happy permie I will be taking paid leave from 20.12.12 to 07.01.13, 18 days off & TBH I really need the break, bring it on..

Commiserations for those not getting the leave / suspension of contract they wanted
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X