• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocked beyond belief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So how long do we have to wait until the CUK brains trust who predicted QE would lead to runaway inflation admit they don't know squat?
    ?
    As it happens I wasn't one of those, but as someone has pointed out, if things that really matter like fuel, food and energy bills are taken into account, it's certainly risen by a lot more than the headline figure.
    Cretin.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

'A lot more' is not the same as what was predicted - people were citing German history as what QE would lead to.

Dullard.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

'A lot more' is not the same as what was predicted - people were citing German history as what QE would lead to.

Dullard.
        We are only in the early stages of QE. Most people can see that inflation is much higher than the fiddled figures but more importantly that the govt are stoking inflation on purpose as a way to erode debt.

Much more QE is in the pipeline and a lot more inflation awaits us.

Comment

Dullard.
          Yes and you believed them, hence your surprise
          You really are a prize moron.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

So how long do we have to wait until the CUK brains trust who predicted QE would lead to runaway inflation admit they don't know squat?

Or is it like climate change, we have to keep waiting because you'll be right eventually?
            Who knows what will happen. As long as it's a short term tactic to get us over the trough in the economy. It seems to have avoided deflation for the moment, so I suppose that's a good thing.

Comment

Or is it like climate change, we have to keep waiting because you'll be right eventually?
              At the minute the economy is flatlining and banks are not lending, the shrinking of the money supply is being replaced by QE. When the situation reverses the true extent of the money printing that has gone on will be felt.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                We are only in the early stages of QE. Most people can see that inflation is much higher than the fiddled figures but more importantly that the govt are stoking inflation on purpose as a way to erode debt.

Much more QE is in the pipeline and a lot more inflation awaits us.
                That's basically the same argument the climate change brigade use "oh well yes it's not happening as fast as we predicted it definitely would, but it definitely will happen"

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Yes and you believed them, hence your surprise
                You really are a prize moron.
                I think if you trawled the site history you'd find I thought they were talking rubbish, if I commented at all.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

That's basically the same argument the climate change brigade use "oh well yes it's not happening as fast as we predicted it definitely would, but it definitely will happen"
                  It's happening now.
                  HTH.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    It's happening now, and has in fact been happening for countless millenia
                    HTH.
                    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Inflation is NOT the problem.

It's the general lack of disposable income that's the problem.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X