• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How was your weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    make sourdough
    I (actually it was a joint effort after I nearly broke the attachment things on the mixer ) made the banana cake.

Delicious
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I (actually it was a joint effort after I nearly broke the attachment things on the mixer ) made the banana cake.

Delicious
      Sounds like a lot of effort. I bought one of these

Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

which I highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Delicious
        The one from Hollywoods Book? Haha, we did too, as it happens! Very nice.

Good advice on the book too; almost got the wife to believe it was real, almost. Eldest was straight onto me tho...

Comment

Took little girl number 1 to a birthday party - will be the last one before she gets a coeliac diagnosis and we have to bring her food and tell her not to eat that or that or that.

Sunday, continued building the monstrous tower slide. Am missing a bit and don't know what it's called: there is a long bolt which screws into a metal casing which is first hammered into the wood from the other side fixing to the wood using a kind of four fingered claw - the last casing is missing.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post

Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

After buying one of these years ago, I can only say get you hands dirty and make your own bread; very satisfying, very tasty and now I have sort of mastered sourdough, I am not too sure I could go back, for the depth of flavour in the bread now is unrepeatable from a shop.

Comment

I don't know if it wouldn't just be another kitchen gadget to collect dust

The one from Hollywoods Book? Haha, we did too, as it happens! Very nice.

Good advice on the book too; almost got the wife to believe it was real, almost. Eldest was straight onto me tho...
              No this one was a Nigel Slater one, I suppose it's meant to be a bit idiot proof... But, for a first attempt, I was impressed with it

Ah excellent, glad it was a hit.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Do you make any gluten free stuff? We are a gluten free household, the bread at the supermarket is pretty expensive.
                Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

After buying one of these years ago, I can only say get you hands dirty and make your own bread; very satisfying, very tasty and now I have sort of mastered sourdough, I am not too sure I could go back, for the depth of flavour in the bread now is unrepeatable from a shop.
                  I like making bread by hand as well - and it's a good thing to do with my little girl.

But, looking at an imminent gluten free future, I can see a breadmaker on the horizon.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Good thanks.
                    Scored the equalising goal on friday night 5-a-side to ensure our team remained unbeaten for the evening.

Saturday was alright.

Sunday was excellent, took youngest to splash landings and had a great time. When we got back I had to pick eldest up from her exam and she smashed it. Really pleased and proud of all the hard work she has put in over the last 3 weeks.

Comment

I don't go near the kitchen. I just drift downstairs when I can smell the missus has made something for breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                      X