• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How was your weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Do you make any gluten free stuff? We are a gluten free household, the bread at the supermarket is pretty expensive.
    Not tried gluten free stuff as yet. Haven't strayed too far from various breads and brioche as yet but am sure it would make a decent gluten free loaf and not that dried out cardboard tasting stuff from the shops.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
      Took little girl number 1 to a birthday party - will be the last one before she gets a coeliac diagnosis and we have to bring her food and tell her not to eat that or that or that.
      Ah God love her

My cousin is coeliac and she manages well, there are so many gluten free bits and pieces out there, she shouldn't have to miss out on treats etc. M&S have a good range of things.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Ah God love her

My cousin is coeliac and she manages well, there are so many gluten free bits and pieces out there, she shouldn't have to miss out on treats etc. M&S have a good range of things.
        She's fed up with being in pain every day and she doesn't like being the smallest in the class so these two things should change and she will hopefully be up for that.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
          Do you make any gluten free stuff? We are a gluten free household, the bread at the supermarket is pretty expensive.
          It's harder, I must admit, as you have to knead longer, uses strange additions and use a different process, but the end result is much better, in our friends opinion. We tried some when a friend from NZ come over, who wanted gluten free bread. I think I must have thrown 6 or 7 loaves out before I made one that you could eat. You can also buy mixes, which I steer clear of. I don't like the taste personally, but I guess if I could only eat it, then I'd like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            It's harder, I must admit, as you have to knead longer, uses strange additions and use a different process, but the end result is much better, in our friends opinion. We tried some when a friend from NZ come over, who wanted gluten free bread. I think I must have thrown 6 or 7 loaves out before I made one that you could eat. You can also buy mixes, which I steer clear of. I don't like the taste personally, but I guess if I could only eat it, then I'd like it.
            There is definitely an experimental aspect to gluten free baking.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Working...
            X