• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for lady cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Now wonder you usually lurk. cuk is not for proper advice - its a bear pit.

Anyway I was going to reply along the lines of DaveB's reply. But he got there first. My sister is currently buying a bike to do Lands End->John O'Groats. Needs a ladies bike but this limits the range alot.

Anyway - how is your winter rowing going? Or are you just looking at the eye candy?
    Its hard to justify dark lenses (for perving) during winter. The eyecandy is tremendous

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      But you are a foreigner - "Notherner in London". I think they should all be sent back the other side of Watford.....
      Too cold up there for me now and the accent is long gone - budge up shandy drinker

Comment

Went to the bike shop today. Have decided that if I do get a place on the London 100 (should hear on Thursday) I'm getting a new bike.

Had a look at the Specialized Dolce - they had two models, the dearer (and nicer colours) being the 'sport'.

comme ça

Specialized Dolce Sport Equipped Triple 2013 Womens Road Bike | Evans Cycles - £765 in my local bike shop. They had 51cm and 57cm - the conclusion being that I'd probably be good on a 54cm.

I liked it a lot.

Have also been looking at this one - a bit dearer but good reduction on it, so feels like I'm getting value for money The downside of this one is that I can't try it - would have to buy it and hope, although wiggle are pretty good and I'm sure they'd take it back if I unpacked it and thought yuck. (And you get free haribo with a wiggle order )

Wiggle | Focus Ladies Izalco Donna 3.0 105 2012 | Road Bikes

Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Went to the bike shop today. Have decided that if I do get a place on the London 100 (should hear on Thursday) I'm getting a new bike.

Had a look at the Specialized Dolce - they had two models, the dearer (and nicer colours) being the 'sport'.

comme ça

Specialized Dolce Sport Equipped Triple 2013 Womens Road Bike | Evans Cycles - £765 in my local bike shop. They had 51cm and 57cm - the conclusion being that I'd probably be good on a 54cm.

I liked it a lot.

Have also been looking at this one - a bit dearer but good reduction on it, so feels like I'm getting value for money The downside of this one is that I can't try it - would have to buy it and hope, although wiggle are pretty good and I'm sure they'd take it back if I unpacked it and thought yuck. (And you get free haribo with a wiggle order )

Wiggle | Focus Ladies Izalco Donna 3.0 105 2012 | Road Bikes

Decisions, decisions...
          Really necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by Kryten View Post
            Really necessary?
            Oui. Bien sur.

Comment

Oui. Bien sur.
              braizen it out eh?

People that drop foreign tidbits into conversation usually feel hopelessly inadequate and you know it.

Comment

Mr Rimmer used to do it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryten View Post
                  braizen it out eh?

People that drop foreign tidbits into conversation usually feel hopelessly inadequate and you know it.
                  Not as inadequate as those who can't spell, n'est ce pas?

Anyway, which bike should I get - Donna or Dolce?

(bizarrely, there's a range of 'wendy' knitting wool called Donna and Dolce)

Comment

Not as inadequate as those who can't spell, n'est ce pas?

Anyway, which bike should I get - Donna or Dolce?

(bizarrely, there's a range of 'wendy' knitting wool called Donna and Dolce)
                    bizarrely my iPad accepted this as valid spelling and I put my faith in it as since the crash various chips are still damaged and I cannot get replacements until 2079.

I would humbly suggest the Dolce and historically (future historically) have the better name.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                      figure out your lube requirements, then report back
                      FTFY.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X