• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motivating people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You need a "MiniMe". Let him/her beat the slaves while you sort out what you really want to do.

A sort of "Gary Goldsmith" to your "Michael Dauncey"...
    The job is yours shorty. When can you start on my lap? :
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Why are so few people so poorly self motivated. In order that I can get my recruitment people working I have to hold them to account on their activity levels. they will work slowly to make three or four placements then start all over again and it will then be another 3 months to get the next 3 or four placements.

They get comfortable on their pittance of basic salaries and unless I feed them clients they just simply fiddle around doing as little as possible. Once they get work to do they will work pretty well but they will not go the extra yards in order to ensure a regular stream of placements without me micro managing them.

I have been doing it for years now and to be honest I am fed up with it.
      I dont know if anyone said this as I cant be bothered to read through 8 pages of ravings, but pay them a low basic and performance related bonus.

If they place lots of people they are minted and so are you, if they dont bother they go home with £12k a year. Everyone is happy and it attracts the sort of people who want to work hard and earn.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        You presume that I am capable of printing documents off a computer. I am flattered
        You've redeployed your most cretinous staff member to posting on CUK for you, so that should help.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          I dont know if anyone said this as I cant be bothered to read through 8 pages of ravings, but pay them a low basic and performance related bonus.

If they place lots of people they are minted and so are you, if they dont bother they go home with £12k a year. Everyone is happy and it attracts the sort of people who want to work hard and earn.
          Research suggests you're wrong about that.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Research suggests you're wrong about that.
            Research suggests he's wrong about everything.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Experience tells me Im correct. When you have some in the real world come back to me.

In the meantime, why has my Adblock stopped blocking these pairs of losers?

Comment

Experience tells me Im correct. When you have some in the real world come back to me.

A bit weak to go neg-repping people for disagreeing with you, but it won't surprise anyone.

Comment

No, but if you read what the OP says, that's what he already does, and he's trying to find a better approach. Some people are actually willing to offer him advice that's perhaps a little different and thought provoking; I'm sure DA's smart enough to pick up ideas from others and apply what he thinks is good.

Comment

But as we know your judgment is faulty, so this isn't moving us along much.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
                    X