• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn Endorsements again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If you have less than 1000 endorsements then you are a complete loser.

HTH

MF
    I know you're not the real MF. If you were you'd have spelled it "looser".

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I'll endorse you for your spelling if you like.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OwlHoot again.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        sounds awful. make me glad that I dont bother
        I'd ordinarily agree. I'm possibly becoming a bit of a fuddy-duddy, but I just don't 'get' social media. I'm not on Facebook, and can't imagine foisting any of the tedious details of my private life onto my friends via Twitter. I only have a Technical Blog and YouTube channel because they help me market myself for contract work, and I studiously avoid putting any personal content on them.

However, LinkedIn's definitely the way recruitment is going. Most of the serious work I've picked up this year has been via that channel. There's a fair bit of crud too, it has to be said. (Typically inexperienced companies / hiring managers that mistakenly see themselves as some IT version of Simon Cowell. And who erroneously think that merely because they've advertised a role experienced developers will suddenly be interested in being at their beck and call throughout a one-way recruitment process where they don't have to do any actual recruiting, just sit back and select from the experts that'll no doubt be queuing round the block to work for them.)

For the most part, though, it's just people who need stuff done connecting with people that can do. Because they need to pay to place adverts, you get less of the Simon Cowell types I mentioned earlier, and more of the people who realise that recruitment needs to be a two-way street if it's going to be successful for all parties. I think it'll be the way most of us get new business over the next decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          I'd ordinarily agree. I'm possibly becoming a bit of a fuddy-duddy, but I just don't 'get' social media. I'm not on Facebook, and can't imagine foisting any of the tedious details of my private life onto my friends via Twitter. I only have a Technical Blog and YouTube channel because they help me market myself for contract work, and I studiously avoid putting any personal content on them.

However, LinkedIn's definitely the way recruitment is going. Most of the serious work I've picked up this year has been via that channel. There's a fair bit of crud too, it has to be said. (Typically inexperienced companies / hiring managers that mistakenly see themselves as some IT version of Simon Cowell. And who erroneously think that merely because they've advertised a role experienced developers will suddenly be interested in being at their beck and call throughout a one-way recruitment process where they don't have to do any actual recruiting, just sit back and select from the experts that'll no doubt be queuing round the block to work for them.)

For the most part, though, it's just people who need stuff done connecting with people that can do. Because they need to pay to place adverts, you get less of the Simon Cowell types I mentioned earlier, and more of the people who realise that recruitment needs to be a two-way street if it's going to be successful for all parties. I think it'll be the way most of us get new business over the next decade.

I might look into it one day, if I need it. until then I file it with twitter, bookface and them there transportable telephones.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X