• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the experts: MSCS how to know when it last failed over ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a damn good job none of this stuff works, I'm all for it, if it worked monkeees like us wouldn't be needed to baby sit it all

what is cluster service, what is sql server, what is ms, it's the stuff which puts food on the table.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      what is cluster service, what is sql server, what is ms, it's the stuff which puts food on the table.

Milan.
      Judging by your knowledge of it, you must be starving ...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

thanks sas, no panics here.

also clear to see no experts here too !

plan b is doing very well thank you

Milan.

Comment

Have a look ath the cluster log (assuming you haven't disabled cluster logging). If it's not there, this quite useful tool will tell you if it's set up properly, and test for fail-overs etc.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

thanks Mordy me old mate.

aside of the event viewer logs where are the cluster logs ?

thanks,

Milan.

p.s. any questions you have on .Net I shall reciprocate the favour

Comment

I guess someone's going to be working at the weekend again.

Comment

I tend to use the MSCFS as the abbreviation after what it does to me periodically... replace F with the F word.
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Logging Information

thanks,

Milan.

p.s. any questions you have on .Net I shall reciprocate the favour
                  HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    In a little bit of a panic, Milan, are we? I'm sure soneone as wise as you has a Plan B? Oh I see, posting on here WAS your Plan B? Just as good as your real Plan B then ....
                    someone

Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Twas nothing Beansey.

The default location is C:\windows\cluster\cluster.log (or c:\winnt\ etc) (Or just do a search for cluster.log)

If you have logging disabled, you'll need to enable it (see link)
                      http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=168801
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X