• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mad Men (TV Series) - Please explain why it's good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched every episode.

It's great to look at but ultimately hollow. Another "Emperor's New Clothes" hyped by people that want to look cool. I admit it, I was suckered in for a while, but realised that it just wasn't going anywhere and had nothing to say to me. And that's coming from someone (me) who loves the 1950's.
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 1 November 2012, 13:42.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      It is.

Now then, now then.
      WHS - it's really fecking depressing.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        really didn't hold my interest at all
        Same here.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Thanks guys. This sums it up for me perfectly:

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          It's all very slick, good acting, well directed etc, but it just didn't hook me like a good TV series should. I didn't feel any urge to watch the next episode at all, whereas I've been known to fly through 3 or 4 episodes of Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos or Dexter in one go.
          EDIT. Now watching Breaking Bad S02E02 in my lunch break this is a show I really like!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            EDIT. Now watching Breaking Bad S02E02 in my lunch break this is a show I really like!
            It gets better.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Thanks guys. This sums it up for me perfectly:

Breaking Bad is amazeballs!

I have just finished S3
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Have you got to my favourite line yet?
                I have 1 more ep to watch before I get to that one (might watch it now actually). That clip seems to indicate no improvement in the clarity of purpose/communication between Jesse and Walt

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  amazeballs!

Tried to give you rep for that, but looks like I need to spread it around some more first

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    It's all very slick, good acting, well directed etc, but it just didn't hook me like a good TV series should. I didn't feel any urge to watch the next episode at all, whereas I've been known to fly through 3 or 4 episodes of Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos or Dexter in one go.
                    WBS
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Breaking Bad is amazeballs!

I have just finished S3
                      I have the first half of Season 5 waiting for me to finish Homeland.
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X