• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mad Men (TV Series) - Please explain why it's good"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    God I must be so out of touch - Never even heard of it, seriously.

I haven't watched the news on TV for over a year now. I imagine it must be wall to wall Jimmy Saville for day after day after day ...
    Me too to both points. Its much better to just download the things you want to watch, no adverts, easy.

I found the news was telling me far too much about things I didnt give a toss about. Though if something juicy happened like another 911 id probably miss it. I dont miss paying the tv license though.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Breaking Bad is amazeballs!

I have just finished S3
    I have the first half of Season 5 waiting for me to finish Homeland.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    It's all very slick, good acting, well directed etc, but it just didn't hook me like a good TV series should. I didn't feel any urge to watch the next episode at all, whereas I've been known to fly through 3 or 4 episodes of Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos or Dexter in one go.
    WBS

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    amazeballs!

Tried to give you rep for that, but looks like I need to spread it around some more first

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Have you got to my favourite line yet?
    I have 1 more ep to watch before I get to that one (might watch it now actually). That clip seems to indicate no improvement in the clarity of purpose/communication between Jesse and Walt

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Thanks guys. This sums it up for me perfectly:

EDIT. Now watching Breaking Bad S02E02 in my lunch break this is a show I really like!
    Breaking Bad is amazeballs!

I have just finished S3

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    EDIT. Now watching Breaking Bad S02E02 in my lunch break this is a show I really like!
    It gets better.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Thanks guys. This sums it up for me perfectly:

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    It's all very slick, good acting, well directed etc, but it just didn't hook me like a good TV series should. I didn't feel any urge to watch the next episode at all, whereas I've been known to fly through 3 or 4 episodes of Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos or Dexter in one go.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    really didn't hold my interest at all
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It is.

Now then, now then.
    WHS - it's really fecking depressing.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've watched every episode.

It's great to look at but ultimately hollow. Another "Emperor's New Clothes" hyped by people that want to look cool. I admit it, I was suckered in for a while, but realised that it just wasn't going anywhere and had nothing to say to me. And that's coming from someone (me) who loves the 1950's.
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 1 November 2012, 13:42.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    God I must be so out of touch - Never even heard of it, seriously.

I haven't watched the news on TV for over a year now. I imagine it must be wall to wall Jimmy Saville for day after day after day ...

Leave a comment:

• swampysarmy
    replied
    I disagree. Have seen all series and thought they were all great.

Dons my hero.

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    really didn't hold my interest at all

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Need I say more?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X