• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st Annual return Help please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moggy View Post
    its about the intention or doing more roles that matters with claiming expenses with an umbrella

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...a-company.html
    Indeed but arguing intention isn't going to be easy in an investigation.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Ugh.. It appears this was to do with brollies not LTD. My bad...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-claims-2.html

No you are correct. The thread I remembered was related to umbrella's. Forget what I said.
      I thought the same. Will see if I can find it.

Comment

Contractor Doctor: Is it worth starting a limited company for one contract?

Normally, the so-called ‘24-month rule’ would apply to contractor limited company contractors with an office and trading address at home, and who work daily at a client’s site that is classed as a temporary workplace. Under this arrangement, contractors can claim travel and subsistence expenses. But according to HMRC’s rules, if the entire duration of the employment is at that site, the client’s site does not qualify as a temporary workplace and the 24-month rule is overridden.

So, if a contractor specifically creates a new limited company for a single 12-month contract with a single client at one location for the duration of the entire contract, and they then close the company immediately after the contract ends, then they can’t claim travel and subsistence expenses.

Comment

Working...
        X