• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So you're saying she was 18 or 19 years old?!

I can see it would be irresponsible for the media to publiush her name, or details that could identify her. But what difference does it make to publish her age (at the time of the incident(s)) ?
    No I was not saying she was 18/19 I was referring to another case with a convicted footballer where the victim has had to change her identity at least twice due to "fans" naming her.

This time the media were warned to limit the amount of details they published to prevent this happening again.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

According to today's Metro and today's Daily Star (front pages shown in BBC's The Papers page for 2015-02-11), she was 15 at the time of the offence.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

According to today's Metro and today's Daily Star (front pages shown in BBC's The Papers page for 2015-02-11), she was 15 at the time of the offence.
        The key for me is whether he knew that or at least asked her how old she was. I was 19 and met a girl in a nightclub. Fortunately she was 16 and had just started college, but you assume that they're old enough (i.e. at least 16) if they're in a nightclub in the first place.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          The key for me is whether he knew that or at least asked her how old she was. I was 19 and met a girl in a nightclub. Fortunately she was 16 and had just started college, but you assume that they're old enough (i.e. at least 16) if they're in a nightclub in the first place.
          And as has already been pointed out, that may in fact have been a valid defence, if a belief based on that assumption was considered "reasonable"; but as he's pleaded guilty, he must have known her true age.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And as has already been pointed out, that may in fact have been a valid defence, if a belief based on that assumption was considered "reasonable"; but as he's pleaded guilty, he must have known her true age.
            Hang the nonce then.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Hang the nonce then.
              She's standing by him, and is probably 16 by now.

So, yes, let's string 'im up right after the wedding!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

She's standing by him, and is probably 16 by now.

So, yes, let's string 'im up right after the wedding!
                Ah, so he's been dating the 15 year old. That's alright then!

Comment

What about Bill Wyman and Mandy whatsername way back - no-one really raised that much of an eyebrow at the time.

Comment

According to the news yesterday there are no Westminster pedos and the police have overreacted. Janner - good egg
                    Britton- it's all lies, Heath- nothing to see there. Vaz - lovely fella

Perhaps Cyril Smith was OK too?

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                      According to the news yesterday there are no Westminster pedos and the police have overreacted. Janner - good egg
                      Britton- it's all lies, Heath- nothing to see there. Vaz - lovely fella

Perhaps Cyril Smith was OK too?
                      He always gave me a lollipop when I met him, tasted of primula though and I had to eat it in the dark in Roccadale town hall janitor cupboard???????

Comment

Working...
                      X