• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Food for thought: Stuart Hall was initially charged with three offences. Once that fact had been made public, other victims came forward and within a few weeks he was charged with a further fifteen offences.

If he had been granted anonymity on the first three charges, the other offences would not have come to light until after his conviction, at which point the authorities might have been unwilling to shell out for a second trial. So he would have got off much more lightly at sentencing than he presumably will.
    further food for thought
    If the women(and girls) had had anonymity back then, they might have come forward. no charges might have been brought, no public allegations might have been made, but the record would be there.
    the latest case would have allowed all the threads to be drawn together

i like the anonymity way
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Coronation Street star William Roache charged with five historic sexual assault offences - Manchester Evening News

There's going to be a great panto in Strangeways this Christmas.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

That's not historic as in "an historic moment" right?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Good to see some charges being made at last.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Good to see some charges being made at last.
            Yep - it was getting a bit dull.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              further food for thought
              If the women(and girls) had had anonymity back then, they might have come forward. no charges might have been brought, no public allegations might have been made, but the record would be there.
              the latest case would have allowed all the threads to be drawn together

i like the anonymity way
              me too. But I suspect it will do little good, the Police like throwing their weight around.

A friend of Mrs V was accused of handling a child roughly at one of the toddler groups, there is no history all the other child minders respect her and have never seen her do anything other than treat her kids & minded kids with love.

Apparently one of the other mums had seen the culprit talking to someone by her car which has child minder signage.

Police turn up with child protection etc suspend her send her minded kids home until the investigation is over. Losing money and reputation.

24 hours later and everyone in the Childminder fraternity had pointed the finger at another mum who is a rough sort who swears and grabs her own children, who happened to be talking to the childminder outside.

5 weeks later the Police finally show the accuser a picture of the childminder, guess what she said?

That isn't the woman I saw harming the kids.

If they can screw up something so simple and make the mess off someone's life for 5 weeks without cause you can see why I doubt they can find their elbows most days.

I can assure I have a load of stories like this, The Police have only once found one pair of criminals who have offended against me, that was because they admitted to the Judge they had burgled my house while on bail. In nearly 50 years I have experienced a large number (>10) of crimes committed against me.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Mind you, I wouldn't fancy playing the principal boy.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

"He's behind you!"

"He's innocent of these vile allegations"
                  "Oh no he's not!"
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Or Dobbin.

Comment

Former BBC star Stuart Hall jailed for 15 months for sexually abusing girls as young as nine

Hall jailed for 15 months after admitting 14 counts of indecent assault
                      But court heard he first told police allegations were part of a 'vendetta'
                      Former It's A Knockout presenter, 83, is at Preston Crown Court today
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X