• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    .. I was a teenager in the 70s and can quite remember now the number of middle aged men who sneaked in a quick grope, often it was over so fast you weren't quite sure if it had really happened. It was the embarrassment factor that stopped one telling anyone about it.
    I take it you are a woman, but it wasn't just young girls. I worked in a bookshop at one point as a teenager in the early '70s, and you'd be amazed how brazen some of these old second-hand book dealer queens were!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I take it you are a woman, but it wasn't just young girls. I worked in a bookshop at one point as a teenager in the early '70s, and you'd be amazed how brazen some of these old second-hand book dealer queens were!
      When I was 15 I was once the target of a fellow golf caddy giving me a lift home. I escaped. A classmate wasn't so lucky with a local hairdresser.

Strangely, in those days no-one gave much thought about reporting it. We had a bit of a laugh with our mates and that was that. Lessons learnt.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        And you're still sore, er I mean sore about it years later...

Comment

I was in the pub the other day and some (addmited;ly older bird) had a right good grope of my a**e.

I mean a proper squeeze, both cheeks.

And she still has not paid the bill.

Plan B not going so well

Comment

As kids, my sister and I were assaulted (if that's the right word) by a stranger. Walking back from Brownies, he asked if he could walk with us. We weren't very comfortable about it, but had been brought up to be polite. He started stroking our hair and kissing us - I remember him biting my lip when he kissed me. I think he had a bit of a grope of my sister - I didn't have anything worth groping! He then left us close to our house and said goodbye politely. We got home, told my parents (dad went out to kill him - AFAIK he didn't find him!), we had a cry, but it certainly hasn't traumatised me for life. I don't think my sister has been adversely affected long term either.

Maybe we would have been more affected if we were older and understood a bit more about what could happen, but it honestly wasn't that big a deal to us.

Having said that, if the bloke was now brought to justice and I knew who he was, I would happily contribute my two-pennorth!

Comment

Has anyone shopped Beadle yet?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Beadle? Has he had a hand in all this as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Beadle? Has he had a hand in all this as well?
                  He's had a bit more than a hand in it surely....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Surely it's a bit late to worry about beadles, whatever they may have got up to with young kids

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Two more 70s household names.due to be hauled in next week.

Place your bets.

Mike Yarwood and Brian Cant I'm wildly speculating about without a shred of evidence.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X