• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end to racism is within grasp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think even if he DID say "you f-ing n*****" that's not racist. In the heat of anger one often chooses words based on how the recipient will respond, rather than what you think. The N word is pretty much the best insult to use against a black person in that respect.
    I think if its in your vocabulary to use the n word.. then you are most probably a a racist - that said i don't think he did call him that, not saying he is or isn't mind you..

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
      I think if its in your vocabulary to use the n word.. then you are most probably a a racist - that said i don't think he did call him that, not saying he is or isn't mind you..
      I disagree. Doogie is right, in the heat of the moment people say things that don't necessarily reflect their character.

For example, it's very common for people to say "I'll f***ing kill you!" but rarely is a true threat of violence, let alone murder.

Not defending Terry but, for example, Liverpool players taunted him throughout the game about his mum's sexual preferences on Merseyside. That is different, it is a calculated and deliberate wind-up of a personal nature. I'd question whether Terry's action was worse than that.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I have another T shirt saying all agents should get a minimum of 30% margins
        It's on the reverse side. I'll be alternating on successive days.

But 30%?????????? Pitch for 40%. You're getting old.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I disagree. Doogie is right, in the heat of the moment people say things that don't necessarily reflect their character.

For example, it's very common for people to say "I'll f***ing kill you!" but rarely is a true threat of violence, let alone murder.

Not defending Terry but, for example, Liverpool players taunted him throughout the game about his mum's sexual preferences on Merseyside. That is different, it is a calculated and deliberate wind-up of a personal nature. I'd question whether Terry's action was worse than that.
          I agree with what you are saying about the heat of the moment, but still feel that IMO if its in your vocab then you are most probably racist to some extent. Of course not every instance though, so point taken.

When people fly around threatening to kill some one - its quite often the case that they have anger issues, rather than are murderers, but they should still realise that doing so isn't right.

Comment

I don't agree. If I was the kind of person who liked hurting people for fun, I would use language as a weapon. Call a woman a c***, a black person a n*****, etc.

That a I call a black person a n***** deliberately to hurt them doesn't mean I hate black people, it just means I've found an exposed nerve. If the same person was Chinese I'd call them a C****, if they were gay I'd call them a fag, if they were overweight I'd call them fat, if they wore classes I'd call them 4-eyes, if they were bald I'd call them baldy/slaphead.

This defines the person as a bigot (I think that's the word) but not a racist.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't agree. If I was the kind of person who liked hurting people for fun, I would use language as a weapon. Call a woman a c***, a black person a n*****, etc.

That a I call a black person a n***** deliberately to hurt them doesn't mean I hate black people, it just means I've found an exposed nerve. If the same person was Chinese I'd call them a C****, if they were gay I'd call them a fag, if they were overweight I'd call them fat, if they wore classes I'd call them 4-eyes, if they were bald I'd call them baldy/slaphead.

Exactly
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The word you're looking for is c***.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Ah is that the technical term?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ah is that the technical term?
                    People get very excited about definitions of racism: they behave like a **** over someone's nationality and then say, 'Aha! But that wasn't racist'. The real point is that racism is a sub-set of cuntishness and being a different type of **** doesn't make it all OK.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

That a I call a black person a n***** deliberately to hurt them doesn't mean I hate black people, it just means I've found an exposed nerveIf the same person was Chinese I'd call them a C****, if they were gay I'd call them a fag, if they were overweight I'd call them fat, if they wore classes I'd call them 4-eyes, if they were bald I'd call them baldy/slaphead.

Now you understand why I call you a cretin. It's because you're thick as two short planks.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X