• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

War Chest and divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sex, she was getting it, i wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
      Sex, she was getting it, i wasn't
      Sorry about banging her like a barn door. But she did tell me she was single.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Sorry about banging her like a barn door. But she did tell me she was single.
        That's what she told me. She told you that as well

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
          That's what she told me. She told you that as well
          Well she did say she had been "used" a couple of times. But that I would get past the used bit quite quickly.....

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            So what you are saying, because she left you, you want to punish her.

People don't have money problems, they have problems they take out on their money.

What could have made you handle this differently.
            Not really....I thought that she should take on the responsibility of a loan on an asset that would be solely hers. I was more than happy to sell it an pay off the loan (and even let her keep the bit left over).

My view was i had done no wrong, why should she get something she wasn't entitled to? With hindsight, i should just have conceded

Comment

yeah that seems to be the thing, reason goes out the door with marriage.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So what you are saying, because she left you, you want to punish her.

People don't have money problems, they have problems they take out on their money.

What could have made you handle this differently.
                Very tight comment matey. His ex left him but then still wants him to pay the loan for her car. FOAD.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Very tight comment matey. His ex left him but then still wants him to pay the loan for her car. FOAD.
                  In most marriages loans and debts are held in common. It could be her car was bought last so the loan was not yet paid.

When you get married, you sign a contract. When you split up everything is separated as per that contract. Maybe people should pay more attention before signing.

But once it's over, get it sorted out before moving on to the next.

Same if you don't get extended, you don't piss the current client off, because that's just asking for trouble. You may have rented a flat, but you don't moan to the client, you may have bought a new laptop, you don't moan. Cost of doing business.

You get married, it doesn't work out, it's the cost...

Next time think more carefully.

HTH
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

In most marriages loans and debts are held in common. It could be her car was bought last so the loan was not yet paid.

HTH
                    Assets are also held in common, if she had agreed to sell or offset the value of the asset against the other claims then your comment would have been valid. Sounds like she didn't, she wanted the car and for him to pay off the loan. Its supposed to be a 50-50 split not the male half funding the female's future life.

I assume if you divorced and your ex who had brought hardly anything to the table wanted 60 - 70% of the assets and none of the debts you would just pay up? (seems to be the way with most of the divorces I see).
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

When you get married, you sign a contract. When you split up everything is separated as per that contract. Maybe people should pay more attention before signing.

But once it's over, get it sorted out before moving on to the next.

Same if you don't get extended, you don't piss the current client off, because that's just asking for trouble. You may have rented a flat, but you don't moan to the client, you may have bought a new laptop, you don't moan. Cost of doing business.

HTH
                      And if you screwed the client over and didn't keep up with your end of the contract, would you still expect to be paid and get a bonus

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X