• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed! - The worst shock to the European economy is yet to happen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Nothing new here. Why such a pointless post? Anyone spice it up with some facts, graphs etc?
    WHS.

Ramblings of a stay-at-home old duffer on the permie scrapheap with nothing better to occupy his time.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      WHS.

Ramblings of a stay-at-home old duffer on the permie scrapheap with nothing better to occupy his time.
      whs
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Let's face it. Greece cannot pay back its debts without growth and rather than growing it has contracted by 25% in the last 5 years. Depression stylee figures.
        So the question is what happens next and when.
        And waiting in the wings are Spain, Portugal and Italy.

I don't know what will happen but I am convinced the biggest shock is yet to come, simply because Greece is bust and absolutely nothing can change that.
        You may be right. Frankly I think it'll be better to accept that Greece will need to be subsidised by the rest of Europe just to maintain a stable state that doesn't decline into anarchy and then a military or nationalist coup, and explain that to the masses. There's hope for Italy because despite the mess that is the Italian government, they have some outstanding businesses, especially SMEs. Spain and Portugal; dunno.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          WHS.

Who's asking you you loser?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Let's face it. Greece cannot pay back its debts without growth and rather than growing it has contracted by 25% in the last 5 years. Depression stylee figures.
            So the question is what happens next and when.
            And waiting in the wings are Spain, Portugal and Italy.

I don't know what will happen but I am convinced the biggest shock is yet to come, simply because Greece is bust and absolutely nothing can change that.
            Germany still owe Greece reparation over WWII. After that is paid, Greece should have a surplus.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Nothing new here. Why such a pointless post? Anyone spice it up with some facts, graphs etc?
              Sorry no pictures to make it clearer to cretins.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I don't know what will happen .
                • Two main coalition parties fall two seats short of a majority
                • Neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn gets 7% of the vote and is set to have 21 deputies in parliament

& so it begins...(again)
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Can anyone be bothered to dredge up the 6 month old post where you previously spouted nonsense on Greek euro doom

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                    Can anyone be bothered to dredge up the 6 month old post where you previously spouted nonsense on Greek euro doom
                    Nope, but a broken clock is right twice a day, so if Sasguru keeps posting he will be right eventually.

Comment

..too negative.

Here's a Greek stock I bought just two months ago:

Motor Oil

paid a 10% dividend and then went up 40% ......

he who dares
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X