• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBQ marinades

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love marinading a leg of lamb in a curry marinade (garlic, ginger, yoghurt, garam masala, saffron and chilli) for 3 days then stick it in a Weber BBQ and cover it so the hickory smoke gives it that lovely roasted flavour.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Depends on the meat /fish /veg you are cooking.

What are you trying to achieve; a light spice/sauce, a heavy sauce

The method you use to cook the main ingredients can dictate the marinade you use.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Depends on the meat /fish /veg you are cooking.

What are you trying to achieve; a light spice/sauce, a heavy sauce

The method you use to cook the main ingredients can dictate the marinade you use.
        You're making it very complicated. I prefer a freestyle approach with liberal use of cayenne pepper and possibly tabasco; generally this leads to all the chaps saying 'mmmm delicious' and the girls complaining that their mouths are burning, sticking to salads and leaving all the meat for the boys. Result!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          You're making it very complicated.
          True. Buy top quality meat and don't feck it up with all that tulipe. Salt, pepper and a smear of olive oil. Then just cook it properly.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
          X