• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which is worse - Islam or Wonga?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    So you don't have an argument, you can only insult me? How telling. Reminds me of SAS.

If addiction wasn't ultimately a choice how the hell do people ever give up smoking? Or alcohol?

The suggestion that it is not ultimately a choice means people would have to be forced by others to give up these things. Yet that is not the case.
    I have plenty of arguments, my only concern is that you don't have the intellect to understand them given your responses to date. Goad me all you want but as I stated above I have no interest in getting into any debate with you. If you wish to take this that you have won the argument, so be it, if you decide that I have no response to give, fine, either way I can see no benefit in discussing this with you any longer. If you can't accept or understand this, I pity you.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

If you value freedom of choice then yes they are entering into a mutually beneficial agreement.
      I see you have found another thread on which to demonstrate your idiocy to the congregation.
      In what way can it be said that a heroin addict (or any addict) has freedom of choice, you complete bone-headed moronic cretin?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        that's all I need to know from you before forming an opinion on your intelligence level.. for that reason I'm out of this conversation
        Oh I see chef has spotted your idiocy already.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          I have plenty of arguments, my only concern is that you don't have the intellect to understand them given your responses to date. Goad me all you want but as I stated above I have no interest in getting into any debate with you. If you wish to take this that you have won the argument, so be it, if you decide that I have no response to give, fine, either way I can see no benefit in discussing this with you any longer. If you can't accept or understand this, I pity you.
          Why are you so afraid of revealing them then?

If you don't want to debate, don't get involved. Don't quote me, throw a few insults and then say "i'm not playing any more".

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
            In india people sell their internal organs to make money. This could apply to what you say above, if someone needs an organ and someone wants to sell one, who are the rich to say it is wrong? Sometimes though as a civilised human being one has to ask if something is morally correct as well as finacially beneficial. Most of the staunchest supporters of capitalism will consider morallity in their business transactions and rightly so, you can spend years building a good repuation and take minutes to lose it.
            They are not human organs (which would not be permitted in this country) and borrowing £100 quid is an entirely different matter. Furthermore there are laws in place to stop these debts spiralling so whilst the interest rates are very very high [payments are capped so if someone defaults then they will not be able to borrow more money. This again is an entirely different reality to the scenario that you wealthy individuals sneer at.

I just worry about priveliged people and their version of "morality" and how they project their own powerful views on those who are much worse off than they are in the self serving belief that they are somehow "doing them a favour".
            Last edited by DodgyAgent; 10 October 2012, 14:11.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If you don't want to debate, don't get involved. Don't quote me, throw a few insults and then say "i'm not playing any more".
              Excellent choice sir. I pity you.
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I think you've bored him out of it. He's probably gone off to get on with his life instead.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I see you have found another thread on which to demonstrate your idiocy to the congregation.
                  In what way can it be said that a heroin addict (or any addict) has freedom of choice, you complete bone-headed moronic cretin?
                  Because they can choose to give up something in spite of a physical addiction.

As i have just stated, if it was not possible to give up something then people who were addicted to smoking would never be able to give up unless somebody forced them. And this is clearly not the case.

I agree that if you are addicted to something it makes it difficult to see the way out, but it certainly doesn't make it impossible

Comment

Because they can choose to give up something in spite of a physical addiction.

As i have just stated, if it was not possible to give up something then people who were addicted to smoking would never be able to give up unless somebody forced them. And this is clearly not the case.

I agree that if you are addicted to something it makes it difficult to see the way out, but it certainly doesn't make it impossible
                    Your brain processes are like a child's.
                    They seem frozen in some simplistic black and white world a 9-year old might inhabit.
                    You do realise firstly that heroin addiction may differ from tobacco addiction and secondly that experts don't really understand the nature of addicition? And that the number of people who give up any addiction is a tiny minority of those addicted?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Didn't we used to have mutual loan clubs or similar - whatever happened to them?
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X