• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which is worse - Islam or Wonga?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Presumably then you are OK with suppliers rushing to create ever more potent versions of their products i.e. a more psychotic version of skunk; and bringing to bear a fully legal and now industrialised manufacturing / distribution network to ensure maximum market share - would adverts on the local TV / Radio be OK?

Given the problems with trying to prevent kids taking up smoking what if any checks would you put in place to prevent the little mites getting hold of a (now) legally allowed substances?
    I would still have age restrictions. At some point in your life you have to be deemed old and wise enough to appreciate the implications of your decisions though. Let's say 18.

Education is also important.

Most people don't want to use drugs because they are illegal but because they deem them to have negative consequences. This is why i and i'm sure all of us have never used Heroin for example.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Rob while you may be an economist you really have no grasp of life sciences or history.

If you had you wouldn't be advocating substances that has been known to cause human suffering including substances that people can get physically addicted to.
      I'm not advocating it, i am saying if you want to use it that is your choice, and not my choice.

I would encourage people not to use Heroin.

It is also true that you can choose to curb an addiction. That does not mean it is easy, but it is still a choice.

Alcohol is to some as addictive as Heroin but i don't see many people here asking for it to be banned.
      Last edited by Robinho; 11 October 2012, 10:31.

Comment

Rob while you may be an economist you really have no grasp of life sciences or history.

hardly an economist is he?
        Just another poorly educated, unemployed, ne-er-do-well, nonentity spouting crap on t'internet.
        Thousands or millions of those on this forum and others. The great unwashed masses.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Or indeed philosophy, psychology or neurosciences, where it's become very clear that the concept of 'free will' is rather more complicated than our Rob seems to think.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

hardly an economist is he?
            Just another poorly educated, unemployed, ne-er-do-well, nonentity spouting crap on t'internet.
            Thousands or millions of those on this forum and others. The great unwashed masses.
            Actually i was re-boomed this morning - 6 month extension.

More proof that you are an ignorant old fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              Actually i was re-boomed this morning - 6 month extension.

More proof that you are an ignorant old fart.
              Enjoy before you get bobbed in the coming years. You don't have the brains not to be.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I blame the government

The hatred and vilification of companies like Wonga all stems from the fact that the government forces them to display an ANNUAL interest rate for a 1 month loan.

If I lent you 20 quid and you paid me back 25 quid 1 month later, is that extortionate?

its an APR of 1355.2%

ref: Loan APR Calculator. Calculate APR from loan amount, repayments and term
                Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                  If I lent you 20 quid and you paid me back 25 quid 1 month later, is that extortionate?
                  yes
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The thread title seems to imply that Wonga and Islam are wrong. I have nothing against either - though I despise football.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      yes
                      Yeah. but you're a tester. so every £0.0000000001 matters.
                      Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                      X