• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BAe/EADs merger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    WTF is that all about? Can't BAe survive on its own? Do we really want to give up our largest manufacturer to even partial control of the French/German governments? Would they do it? Isn't this is a really good way for BAe to lose US business? Has everyone gone mad?
    Time for emigration, I think.
    I heard about this a few weeks ago on German radio and BFBS and was wondering, why? BAe is a very successful industry which is an important part of the British manufacturing base. I'm not too sure if it will go through as:

(a) it could be seen as a monopoly. I'm pretty sure the EU are already involved
    (b) the Americans have problems with it. They're pretty happy to have BAe as a British company manufacturing it's top secret stuff but it will not have French or German companies doing that
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      If so that would damage our economy. To say nothing of losing expertise and employment in another key industry.
      plus heaven forbid the French or Germans get nasty again. It's not like they have history is it?

I see smart bomb technology becoming dumb when the Germans log in and reprogram them just before declaring hostilities. The French will be trimming the trees so the Germans can get their tanks down the roads easily.

sometimes things shouldn't be outsourced/offshored /relinquished.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Somewhere with no Internet.

Clipheads house?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If this was the US, Germans or French they'd be putting government money in to tide it over during a temporary bad patch.
          Why, oh fooking why, does the UK insist on national self-immolation in the name of "free markets" and "market forces"?
          We've followed that policy since the 80s and look at us now - it's not working is it?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The only worry is that they'll tell johnny foreigner all our secrets.

The US will still buy off of EADS.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              The only worry is that they'll tell johnny foreigner all our secrets.

The US will still buy off of EADS.
              and all the nice jobs and tax take will move abroad. Apart from directorships for the MPs involved.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                and all the nice jobs and tax take will move abroad. Apart from directorships for the MPs involved.
                There's absolutely no reason why that would happen.

The expertise and infrastructure are already here. UK has a big Eads presence via Airbus too.

Comment

In fact given the state of France's tax structure i'd say there's a more likely chance the jobs would move over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                    In fact given the state of France's tax structure i'd say there's a more likely chance the jobs would move over here.
                    Not to mention their redundancy regulations.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

who said they would move to France or Germany?

Comment

Working...
                      X