• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shall I start carrying a knife

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Kingston upon Thames actually! Fairly nice. Around 8-9 on the "I'm not scared to walk the streets scale"

Ironically it was a crack head wanting money. He got shirty when I said "not unless you take VISA!"
    Strangely enough, I actually felt safer living in the dump known as Streatham Vale than I do today in a supposedly 'better' area of west London. I certainly hear of a lot more violent muggings in this area at least. Perhaps the thieves knew there was nobody worth mugging in Streatham Vale. Move to the ghetto I say.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
      My advice is to outsmart the muggers by looking more desperate than they are, always dress shabbily with plenty of stubble and adopt a menacing glare at anyone in your vicinty.

PS Dont try this in the office kids
      I was. I have some knackered berghaus trainers, a T-Shirt with egg stains down it, some knackered combats, haven't shaved for 4 days and my hair is all over the place. Not only that I've got bloodshot eyes with big black circles round them so I look like a ******* crack head.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by ALM
        Strangely enough, I actually felt safer living in the dump known as Streatham Vale than I do today in a supposedly 'better' area of west London. I certainly hear of a lot more violent muggings in this area at least. Perhaps the thieves knew there was nobody worth mugging in Streatham Vale. Move to the ghetto I say.
        Yeah I went out to "West London", near westway/A40 the other day and it was ok until I realised that I was the only English White person on the street and that I was attracting attention by being in my own country.

I do live in a Ghetto - Leyton.

Comment

Just strap a machete to your back and then next time you get mugged you can do your best crocodile dundee impression...

Thats not a knife !!! SHHHHIIINNGGG Now this is a knife!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
            Just strap a machete to your back and then next time you get mugged you can do your best crocodile dundee impression...

Thats not a knife !!! SHHHHIIINNGGG Now this is a knife!!!!
            I was thinking of the Indiana Jones version.

* ninja pops out waving machetes going "wooooaaaaaaaaarrrrr!"
            * indiana jones shoots the bugger dead.

Comment

I like that scene. Probably best not to replicate it on Leyton high street though...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Yes but I can't for various reasons at the moment.

Not only that, it was a nice area I got threatened in!
                Your obviously walking and dressing like easy prey, try dressing like
                a gang star and start grabbing ya nuts while out walking, they'll either think a) hes someone not to mess with, or b) he has crabs, lets leave him the fck alone ! Seriously though monkeychav, if you've been held up 4 times, then you really need to make a change somewhere, statistically its not looking good for you my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
                  Your obviously walking and dressing like easy prey, try dressing like
                  a gang star and start grabbing ya nuts while out walking, they'll either think a) hes someone not to mess with, or b) he has crabs, lets leave him the fck alone ! Seriously though monkeychav, if you've been held up 4 times, then you really need to make a change somewhere, statistically its not looking good for you my friend.
                  Or start learning Mui Thai. Once you've caved someones knee in you'll find it a lot easier to run away.

Comment

Credited with "creating" what many believe to be the best scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) because Harrison Ford was suffering from a bout of dysentery at the time of filming: during the scene in Cairo with the swordsman in black, the script called for a much longer fight, but because of his condition, he quietly asked director Steven Spielberg if they could shorten the scene. Spielberg's reply was that the only way it could be done would be if Indy pulled out his gun and "just shot the guy." The rest of the crew, not aware of the change, laughed at this, and it remained in the final cut.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                      Credited with "creating" what many believe to be the best scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) because Harrison Ford was suffering from a bout of dysentery at the time of filming: during the scene in Cairo with the swordsman in black, the script called for a much longer fight, but because of his condition, he quietly asked director Steven Spielberg if they could shorten the scene. Spielberg's reply was that the only way it could be done would be if Indy pulled out his gun and "just shot the guy." The rest of the crew, not aware of the change, laughed at this, and it remained in the final cut.
                      Good scene.

Comment

Working...
                      X