• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shall I start carrying a knife"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood
    Chill out, BM.
    Life's too short.
    Why do you never contribute anything to the discussion? You just belittle people for silly typos or grammatical errors.

Life's too short for that surely.

Oh and you speak French - wow!

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Chill out, BM.
    Life's too short.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    chandeliers
    jugular

P~R~I~C~K

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    replied
    Did a first aid course the other day and the Ambulance bloke who did it called it the "juglier vein"

Oh how we laughed.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    panther

chandeliers
    jugular

I'll get my coat

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    chandeliers
    jugular

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by hattra
    Apparently that scene was improvised by Harrison Ford - it was supposed to be the "definitive" movie sword vs whip fight, but Harrison Ford had the sh*ts and couldn't move without fouling his britches, so he ad-libbed...

... and the rest, as they say, is film history

.... and I've just read the rest of the thread and seen that some knowitall has beaten me to it .....
    I just wish this plot device was used in more films to cut out all the boring crap. Especially with sword fights. I used to fence and I know that real sword fights were very short and to the point (as it were).

Nobody expended energy on jumping up on tables or swinging from chandaliers.

The aim was to stab your opponent or sever his juggular vein - as soon as you could.

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    I was thinking of the Indiana Jones version.

* ninja pops out waving machetes going "wooooaaaaaaaaarrrrr!"
    * indiana jones shoots the bugger dead.
    Apparently that scene was improvised by Harrison Ford - it was supposed to be the "definitive" movie sword vs whip fight, but Harrison Ford had the sh*ts and couldn't move without fouling his britches, so he ad-libbed...

... and the rest, as they say, is film history

.... and I've just read the rest of the thread and seen that some knowitall has beaten me to it .....

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Mbo

I used to live nearby (about 1km) from that estate. I never understood why the residents of Kingston just didn't band together and buy out the Cambridge estate, then level it. It would have increased their house prices no end, at least the ones near the estate.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    carry a big **** off pipe wrench. Totally legal and can really ruin someones day.
    Yeah bastard overcharging plumbers!

Leave a comment:

• decode
    replied
    Try taking some Krav Maga classes. It will quickly turn you into a chav/mugger killing machine.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I find a swift kick in the jacobs does the trick.

And dont carry a knife, carry a big **** off pipe wrench or a short crow bar. Totally legal and can really ruin someones day.

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
    Best thing is to apologise to them, then headbutt them, confuses the fck out of people....
    Ah the glasgow way. Sneaky but effective

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Torran
    Muay Thai might be more effective however
    Very true

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Torran
    Muay Thai might be more effective however
    Best thing is to apologise to them, then headbutt them, confuses the fck out of people....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X