• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of an era

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Tried a "powered" aerial by attaching a booster box? Worked wonders for me.
    Ah right, the extra 2% makes it all right?

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Ah right, the extra 2% makes it all right?

I was working on the assumption that the 98% might be a red herring...
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

I was working on the assumption that the 98% might be a red herring...
        You don't give credit to my analytical skills and more headroom to the muppets running the current dig tech. Try thinking for yourself sometime it might surprise you (or maybe not).
        Me, me, me...

Comment

You don't give credit to my analytical skills...
          Nope, I didn't, SAS.

All hail.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Nope, I didn't, SAS.

All hail.
            That should be Hail Hail.

Anaytical skills - FAIL.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Anaytical skills - FAIL.
              Correct. That's why you can't get your TV Aeriel to work properly.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Correct. That's why you can't get your TV Aeriel to work properly.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Ah yes, the cunning plan to reduce power consumption, save the whales, stop gloabal warming by increasing the power consumption of a tv from about 75W to 300 to 400W.

Some of those plasma tvs resemble an electric fire.
                  That's just not true these days. The latest generation of plasmas have become very power efficient (and LED TVs even more so.) And their power efficiency gets better and better with each new generation.

For example:

- 2012 Panasonic Plasma TX-P 42" (a very large screen size compared most old CRT screens) has a power consumption of 148W.

- 2001 Sony Trinitron CRT 36" consumed 160W.

A latest generation Samsung 55" LED consumes just over 100W.

So, all in all, modern TVs have become hugely power efficient for the vast screen sizes they offer.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

It's been digital here for some time, 98% signal strength but still get freezes and other glitches. Analogue didn't have these problems so are we faced with a generation or two thinking glitchty TV is the norm, kinda like most people thinking computers crash (thanks to Microsoft)?
                    That brings back memories of TV engineers who would bang the side of the TV to get it working.

A cartoon in the 70s depicted two TV engineers looking under the bonnet of their van, one suggesting to the other that they try a hammer. Everyone immediately saw the joke.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Tried a "powered" aerial by attaching a booster box? Worked wonders for me.
                      I tried various boosters in my first house but they were all useless.

We were supposed to get a new transmitter the next year, but five years later it still hadn't arrived.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X