• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old TV shows that stand the test of time, and ones that don't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tour of Duty was a good one
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think this amounts to heresy but I don't find Only Fools and Horses that funny. I caught a couple of early episodes the other day as the bbc is showing them back to back in the afternoon. Although the acting is very good, the jokes and set ups are a bit dated, possibily we were as a nation less sophisticated then.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
        I think this amounts to heresy but I don't find Only Fools and Horses that funny. I caught a couple of early episodes the other day as the bbc is showing them back to back in the afternoon. Although the acting is very good, the jokes and set ups are a bit dated, possibily we were as a nation less sophisticated then.
        It was funny in its time. Dated now.

Californication is good, as well as The Walking Dead and X men
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          Is that the one with David McCallum and Joanna Lumley? I have only the vaguest of memories of it. I'll need to look it up.
          Got the box set a couple of years ago. Not having a much of a budget they had to rely on script and acting. I watched it with the kids - they loved it. Proper scary stuff. Still makes no sense though.
          Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister. Great stuff
          Yep - just read the books again recently.
          Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I wonder if Rising Damp is still any good...
          Yes

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
          I think this amounts to heresy but I don't find Only Fools and Horses that funny. I caught a couple of early episodes the other day as the bbc is showing them back to back in the afternoon. Although the acting is very good, the jokes and set ups are a bit dated, possibily we were as a nation less jaded then.
          FTFY

Only Fools and Horses was tested on my kids. They still enjoyed it, though it is a little dated.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I like fools and horses - there were some classics.

Favourite episode has to be the chandelier cleaning.

What about Allo Allo - I still find that very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              Is that the one with David McCallum and Joanna Lumley? I have only the vaguest of memories of it. I'll need to look it up.
              No, Michael Brandon and Glynnis Barber wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by palatino winotype View Post
                No, Michael Brandon and Glynnis Barber wasn't it?
                No, that was the hideous Dempsey & Makepeace.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

I started to watch UFO again on the train and only got 20 minutes into the first episode. I remember it being really good indeed but it was dire.

I liked Dangerman.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Oh hello, I don't think this one got mentioned yet:

Porridge

They still show the film every Xmas and I think the show is still as good as ever.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Average...

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X