• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terror suspects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terror suspects

The plot thickens.. RE the two terror suspects recently arrested (and one shot).. the police found over £36'000 in cash in their house (or whats left of it). They work as shelf stackers for Tescos. I'm all for innocent till proven guilty malarky, but I smell a rat. Either that or Tescos have suddenly upped the going rate for a shelf stacker.

Originally posted by Joe Black.
    The plot thickens.. RE the two terror suspects recently arrested (and one shot).. the police found over £36'000 in cash in their house (or whats left of it). They work as shelf stackers for Tescos. I'm all for innocent till proven guilty malarky, but I smell a rat. Either that or Tescos have suddenly upped the going rate for a shelf stacker.

Or it was the family savings as has been reported elsewhere. The brothers were not the only peolpe living there. The Sun has run a number of stories about them since the raid, all negative in tone, at least one of which has been proved to be blatantly untrue.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Oh and here is the website to apply for shelf stacking work for Tescos. I've already handed in my notice..

http://www.tesco.com/careers/

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black.
        Perrhaps they have been shot before.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          Or it was the family savings as has been reported elsewhere. The brothers were not the only peolpe living there. The Sun has run a number of stories about them since the raid, all negative in tone, at least one of which has been proved to be blatantly untrue.
          ..........hmmmm, still smell a rat. People with nothing to hide re savings normally keep it in the bank.

Tax dodgers, drug dealers, old people and terrorists generally keep 36k in readies...........

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            It's hard to actually find out the truth as news is rarely reported objectively. I just seem to think there is no smoke without fire and the Police must have had something on them. Maybe something that couldn't be proved in a court of law i.e no smoking gun, but enough to warrant them an excuse to pull down their entire house and shoot them.

Comment

Maybe they let the rats go so they could follow them to the other rats. After all, they do look like terrorists!

Mailman

Comment

Pretty simple explanation.

It's just their tax credit money. All above board and perfectly "fair".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5074124.stm

But on 1 June it emerged that thousands of workers suspected of being illegal immigrants were given NI numbers.

Between April 2003 and December 2004, 2,700 families were wrongly paid credits by the Inland Revenue.

The credits each could have been worth more than £10,000 in some cases.

Comment

No it would be ok because they would give interest a different name, thus removing the religious problem

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                  X