• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thursday Puzzle: Petals on a Rose

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    It's 4

Could be fun watching this dunderhead work it out though
    4 is Correct

3 3 4 6 6 = ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      4 is Correct

3 3 4 6 6 = ?
      I can hear the grinding from here

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
        Is it me or are you missing a paragraph or 2?
        Yes, what exactly is the question... simply 'what is the function performed'?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

4 is Correct

3 3 4 6 6 = ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I can hear the grinding from here
            Since you managed to post correct answers from one throw, then you've either seen it before or googled it I should think. You now have two options;

End the game by posting the answer or enjoy watching others squirm for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              4 is correct

1 2 3 4 5 = ?

Comment

4 is correct

1 2 3 4 5 = ?

Comment

Since you managed to post correct answers from one throw, then you've either seen it before or googled it I should think. You now have two options;

I googled it initially as I wanted to be sure you had the details right, this link explains the background without giving the answer away.

Lloyd Borrett - Computing - Petals - Bill Gates plays Petals Around the Rose

It also convinced me that no-one on here worked it out in 10 minutes!
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Or managed to spot a pattern perhaps? Given what I do, I'd be ashamed if I couldn't get that. It took about a minute.

I am surprised there were wrong answers.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      I googled it initially as I wanted to be sure you had the details right, this link explains the background without giving the answer away.

Lloyd Borrett - Computing - Petals - Bill Gates plays Petals Around the Rose

It also convinced me that no-one on here worked it out in 10 minutes!
                      Anyone who works in pattern matching would be able to spot that in seconds. It's acutely easy to be frank.

Comment

Working...
                      X