• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old-fashioned manners or weird foible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clientco stairs are too narrow to pass, so dilemma solved.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Clientco stairs are too narrow to pass, so dilemma solved.
      sure you're not too porky?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Speaking of manners.... is it too much to expect acknowledgement or a simple Thank You for opening a door or holding a door open for someone?

Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          sure you're not too porky?
          yes thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Speaking of manners.... is it too much to expect acknowledgement or a simple Thank You for opening a door or holding a door open for someone?

Erm, what sort of thanks are you expecting? It's only a door.

Comment

You have to judge each situation on it's individual merits IMO. You have to do what is necessary to get the best eyefull of boobs or bums, be that stay at bottom or walk up with left elbow extended.

It it's all guys just get your shoulder down and take them at speed.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not at all.

I make a point of saying "You're welcome" anyway.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

WSS

I frickin hate people who say nothing to you, not even an acknowledgement when you open the door for them, especially when you could have gone first. Lifts are another annoying one when you're trying to get out, when some twat pushes to get in.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    WSS

I frickin hate people who say nothing to you, not even an acknowledgement when you open the door for them, especially when you could have gone first. Lifts are another annoying one when you're trying to get out, when some twat pushes to get in.
                    Fully agree.

However, I don't let it **** my day up. It's a display of their ignorance, not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Lifts are another annoying one when you're trying to get out, when some twat pushes to get in.
                      Same on the Tubes fookwits don't realise people have to get out before they get in
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X