• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agency + IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agency + IR35

Got a contract and the agency is pushing like mad for me to go IR35 compliant. Nice of them to care but what has it got to do with them ? Why do they care so much ?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 7 October 2011, 12:51.

Let me guess, they want you to opt out and they're claiming that will make you IR35 compliant? (They're bulltulipting you in that case. )
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

They've contracted to their client to indemnify them against any claims for employment rights. Only way to do that puts you inside IR35 as someone selling personal services. They can acheive the same result by giving YourCo a B2B contract for services, but they're too dim to realise that.

Walk away. Tell the client why.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

To be honest with you I dont think there is anything such as IR35 compliant , IR35 was introduced to try and get contractors to pay more tax , the whole thing is a grey area and even the IR dont know what IR35 compliance is.

Write them an e-mail asking them what they are concerned about , usually agencies are not bothered about this, its more the client concerned about IR asking them for unpaid income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
          Got a contract and the agency is pushing like mad for me to go IR35 compliant. Nice of them to care but what has it got to do with them ? Why do they care so much ?
          Simply put you are always compliant with the requirements of the intermediaries legislation. It just does not apply to contracts you work on and if it did it costs more.

Comment

Working...
          X